Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bounecho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 02:46 AM
    PVC drain pipe leaking
    I have a PVC drain pipe in the kitchen that is leaking,I read many article,some say.. reseal with primer and glue.. but it won't last.. some say used Goop glue... some say JB weld... which is good.. and will last for years.. because the plumber said its going to cost me over $300,00 to get it fix::(... thank you in advance
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 04:30 AM

If you have a leak in PVC drain that you can see, and plumber says $300, take a picture, post here and get new plumber.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 24, 2009, 06:08 AM

PVC is very easy to fix. Fittings, glue and pipe are inexpensive to purchase. Make it a weekend project. Get right fittings, cut out the leaking section of pipe and replace it with new one.

If you post photo of your leaking pipe, we'll tell you what you need and also, we will lead you through the project...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 06:09 AM

Open the link below, order the kit and read the instructions you can do it yourself no need for a plumber, good luck.

John

Pipe and Hose Leak Repair Tape

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Why plummers putty and not the rubber gasket, all direction says the only place the putty should be used is in between top lip of drain pipe and sink. If putty is to be used should it be used without rubber gasket?

P-trap to drain pipe connection leaking. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was redoing all the drain piping under my sink during a remodle. It appears everything is sealed nice and tight except for the connection to my drain pipe. It's a plastic drain pipe coming our horizontally from the wall with a threaded end. I purchased a new P-trap and put it in. ...

Leaking Drain Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me here. I am in a newer home (3 years old), and have just found out that the upstairs bathtub drain pipe leaks. It is the 4" PVC pipe that I noticed water leaking out of after draining the bath water of our newborn (and happened to go into the basement (unfinished...

Drain pipe leaking [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: under my kitchen I have drain pipes that run to a large pipe that goes down into ground.I have no idea what this called(sorry)where the drain pipe and this large pipeconnect is leaking.How do I repair this?

Leaking drain pipe in slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe coming from my sink that is backing up into my kitchen floor. It seems that has ate away at the concrete and the water is backing up through the damaged pipe through a hole located under my sink and bottom cabinets. I can see the where the water is coming out but I don't know...

View more questions Search