Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony_TT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2004, 06:27 AM
    Problems on restart
    Hi, newbi here, I just wanted to say hello and pose a question . I've learned a lot of useful information here in the past and I hope someone can help.

I'm running MS xp Home Edition, I recently discovered a problem where upon restart , my desktop appears but my mouse and keyboard are frozen.
    I'm not exactly sure when this started happening but I believe it might be around the time I downloaded the MS sp1 security updates.
    I checked with the MS help site and found 'knowledge base article' - 822624 , this seemed to address my problem .
    I contacted the online support people and they sent me the hotfix that supposedly deals with this issue, but it didn't work.

If anyone has dealt with or heard of this problem , any help you can give would be appriciated.

Thanks
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2004, 11:04 AM
    Boot into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key when windows restarts and when you see a choice of boot options, select Safe Mode. This should allow you to use your keyboard and mouse. Now you may either use system restore to go back to a previous date before your problem started, or you may uninstall the service pack update that you think may have caused the problem by going to the Control Panel and then to Add/Remove programs icon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Accord dies unexpectedly and won't restart [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. This problem has actually been happening for over a year, but was so infrequent in the beginning and has become more serious. I never know when it will die, so I avoid freeway driving, since the car could die, it is like a deathtrap. It is due for a tune-up... does anyone know if the main...

Cpu will not restart or start [ 11 Answers ]

My problem happened awhile ago and now its getting worst it use to be I couldn't restart my PC without it freezing I'd have to unplug the power and let it sit for a while then come back to it but I wouldn't have a problem if I shut down until now. Now no matter how I shut down it will not start and...

Using dos to turn off auto restart on error with windows 2000 pro [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to change the auto restart on error from dos with windows 2000 pro. When I log on with the imported username from the old os, (there was no password) the machine "applys user setttings" then immidiatly logs off! And asks me for the username and password and goes...

Windows Xp restart/more problems then what have been previously questioned. [ 4 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked already...but my situations alittle more complex....please read along!!! :confused: Okay I have an Hp, running on Windows XP..The computer is basically new, never used for anything other than wordpad. Just recently connected it to a cable modem. Was running...

View more questions Search