Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brunettegirl Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Tips on getting pregnant?
    Ok ladies I need a little help out there. I am getting VERY FRUSTRATED and am losing hope in having a 2nd baby.
    I have a 4 year old and my husband and I are trying for months (on and off) for a 2nd. It was so easy to get pregnant the first time around but now... nothing. :(
    If anyone could share some advice or tips I would appreciate it.
    Here is my story:
    Im 27, my periods are pretty reg. cycles last from 26-31 days, mostly staying at 29,30 days. Im wondering when I will ovulate this cycle. I am on CD 7 and I am planning sex on 4/25 (CD 11), 4/27 (CD13), 4/28 (CD 14), & 4/29 (CD15).
    Any advice? Should I also go beyond CD 15? I figured these days will catch ovulation at some point. I don't use OPK's because I never seem to get a positive, but I know I ovulate because I have charted BBT and there is a spike.
    Please Leave some input--its greatly appreciated. :confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 12:42 PM

If you could try about every 2 days throughout the cycle that would be ideal, but that may not always be possible.

The general rule of thumb to start is about 12-16 days before you think the next period will be due regardless of how long your cycle may be, and add several days before this and a few days after for good measure. If you have been temping and getting a rise, when does that usually occur? Has it been consistent over a few months time? Generally you will have ovulated just before the rise.

Another guide to consider when your cycles aren't always regular, is to subtract 18 days off your shortest cycle and 11 days off your longest and focus mostly on those days between the two. See how this measures up with the dates you have in mind.

Keep in mind these are only guides and not everyone will follow the norm... this is why it is also important to watch for possible changes your body is making to let you know it is preparing for ovulation. While usually you will ovulate on a pretty regular basis each cycle, sometimes it can be off from your norm once in awhile as well.

Regular periods and the rise in temp make ovulation a good probability, but neither are guarantees that ovulation is actually occurring every cycle... just that your body is preparing for it.

Hope it doesn't take too much longer for you... I know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when you are really hoping for it to happen!
    powder321 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2009, 06:35 AM

I am going through the same thing. My periods are between 29 to 31 days as well. I concived with my first child on the first try. I thought I wouldn't have no problems with the second, but here I am 6 months later and nothing... Advice I was told to have sex every other day 12 days after your period has started up until your expected period due date. To be honest I have been doing it up until a few days before I am due. Its really hard to make it a point to have that much sex, but what ever it takes. Good luck to you and try not to stress over it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:28 AM

Powder... I wouldn't wait until the 12th day to start as you may be one that tends to ovulate earlier than the norm. I know I did.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:37 AM

There are numerous web sites that will help you answer this question.I will only add one thing my doctor told me many years ago that I don't usually see on fertility sites.
    If you use any sort of cream or oil during intercourse ,it can interfere with the sperms mobility.The following site has a wealth of useful information.
    How to get pregnant - MayoClinic.com
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 08:49 AM

Please keep in mind as well that it takes, on average, a year for most couples to conceive.

If you are still having problems conceiving after that time, you should see your gynecologist to make SURE nothing is wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some tips and such- I'm only 15 [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I want to move in with my 15 year old boyfriend. His parents want me to and we aren't sexually active so there are no health risks. I want to move out because for as long as I can remember, my Mum ha told me that she doesn't want me. Up until last year she used to always be really...

I need some tips for my man! [ 4 Answers ]

I need help! Does anyone have any tips on how I can make my husband "want" me or get aroused?! I have worn the lingerie and I've bought the toys and tried giving him what he wants, but we seem to only have sex when he wants it!! Any sugguestions?! Tips from men would be nice :)

Need tips on Trying to conceive! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any tips on trying to conceive! My husband and I aren't having any luck! :o

How much do tips [ 4 Answers ]

What is the right amount to tip a hair stylist? :o

View more questions Search