Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 20, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Horizontal waterpump installation
    What are the main issues with using a submersible water pump in a horizontal setup?

This would be used for a cottage and the water supply comes from the lake. I have been installing pumps for close to 30 years and they are always in a drilled well or shorewell and they are vertical installations.

I have heard of problems with the bearings and impellers having premature wear due to horizontal installations. I have seen a few installed in springs and they are still working OK.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for your time.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 06:19 PM

My only thoughts would concern the fact that the pump, pumping from a lake, likely would have relatively little head pressure which is a major positive. Additionally, it would possibly not be used full-time since it involves a cottage (seasonal?). Those two items add up to a good bit longer life for the pump, which could easily offset any of the factors you have mentioned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan waterpump [ 1 Answers ]

Does the timing belt run the waterpump in a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder V6?

Horizontal Vectors [ 1 Answers ]

A car drives horizontally off a 73m high cliff at a speed of 27 m/s. Ignore air resistance. How long will it take the car to hit the ground? How far from the base of the cliff will the care hit? Any guidance will help. Thanks!

01 f250 7.3 diesel waterpump [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the waterpump on my f250 diesel,with a new waterpump from my local napa auto parts store,now I have a vibration in the engine,any ideas as to why? Replaced belt,hoses and water pump at the same time,

View more questions Search