Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xdaprincess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 05:04 AM
    Can an ex-boyfriend who supported me try to get money back?
    Can an ex-boyfriend who supported me try to get money back?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 05:39 AM

You will have to explain further. If they were loans of money and you signed papers, then yes, but if this was money given in good faith I don't see how he can.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 05:57 AM

What were the terms under which he supported you? He would support you forever, until you found employment, you were to pay him back - ?

Need more info.

Keep in mind that verbal agreements ARE binding in the US - if you are in the US - and some of this will come down to your word against his.
    xdaprincess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 08:36 AM
    If a boyfriend gave me pin code for his ATM card, is it OK for me to take money?
    If a boyfriend gave me pin code for his ATM card, is it OK for me to take money?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:39 AM
    No.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Absolutely not!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:41 AM

Take is the operative word here and so NO!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:46 AM

Without his consent that makes you a thief.

ATM pin doesn't equal consent.

You need to talk to your boyfriend if you would like to borrow money from him.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 09:03 AM

This should be combined with the other thread - all of the information isn't posted in either place. My answer on other thread is incorrect. I thought OP was asking about rent/utilities. Apparently she was not.

And the answer to this is that any withdrawals which are not approved by the boyfriend turn into he said/she said (and he's an ex boyfriend on the other thread) and criminal activity.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-...ck-343705.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-boyfriend owes me money [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I took a trip together back in August. I paid for the accommodations with a check in the amount of $1850, which he said he would reimburse me for his half. We recently broke up and I still have not received the money ($925). We were also sharing a cell phone plan, which he...

How much money will my boyfriend get back on his 2009 taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend is filing head of household and claiming me and my daughter.. He made roughly 45,000 last year? Around how much can we expect to get back?

Just got back with boyfriend of two years and he's back to doing the same thing that. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I of two yeas just got back together on new years eve... we broke up for exactly two months... now its been just two weeks and he's back to doing the same thing that caused the breakup in the first place... he doesn't call/answer/and barely texts me... he uses the excuse that...

Old boyfriend and money [ 2 Answers ]

A former boyfirend gave me money when I needed it and did not want me to worry about paying it back. No written contracts. What he really wanted was to control and own me. So I escaped from his creepy clutches but not without emotional scars and fear from his stories of how he can get back at...

Supported Boyfriend who has no job, can I claim him? [ 2 Answers ]

For more than half the year I lived with a boyfriend who could not support himself, due to the fact he could not find a job. But we also live with his mother. She makes about $20,000 more per year than I do. She pays the rent, but we both equally supported him. Who should claim head of...

View more questions Search