Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladyatthelake Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Wellbutrin and how much to stop crying
    I went off effexor and taking 2 tablets a day of Wellbutrin generic but still am crying and not eating. I will go to the Dr. but don't know what to ask him as my mind jumps around all the time. Any help would be appreciated
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 02:12 PM

Maybe you need to try another medication?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 02:30 PM

What did your doctor tell you to do when transitioning between Effexor and Wellbutrin.

You should be taken Wellbutrin as prescribed, you can and should not increase the dosage on your own.

This is a drug that your body is not familiar with. We can not tell you the appropriate dosage only your physician can.
    Ladyatthelake Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 06:38 PM

I got off Effexor quite a while ago and will make an appt. The Wellbutrin I've been taking for quite awhile but just wondered if I get down should I take one more.. guess I'll make an appt. Just thought if someone had an opinion I could wait.. I work and my husband is going through some physical problems.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyatthelake View Post
    I got off Effexor quite a while ago and will make an appt. The Wellbutrin I've been taking for quite awhile but just wondered if I get down should I take one more..guess I'll make an appt. Just thought if someone had an opinion I could wait ..I work and my husband is going through some physical problems.
    I was on welbutrin with nasty side effects, I went manic(side effects are like shaking and racing thoughts,disrupted sleep and loss of interest in daily routine)I would say the docs need to possibly put you on some other medication especially if these side effects are like you are having.

Today I am on NO antidepressant at all, think hard and try to find the right wording to express what you are feeling to the med docs.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:16 PM

I have had very negative side effects also with Wellbutrin while taking to try to quit smoking.

You should never increase your dosage without first speaking to your physician. Wellbutrin is one that has especially negative side effects.

Just wait and speak with your doctor.

Good luck to you.
    lmor1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 08:08 PM

I cried a lot and the doctor has me on Wellbutrin and Lexapro. It seems to be doing the trick. Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Wellbutrin was a nightmare for me as well. You may want to check with your doc to see if there is anything better for you.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:49 PM

Doc gave me amitricycline and it worked well for me so that's all I have ever used
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    doc gave me amitricycline and it worked well for me so thats all i have ever used
    That sounds like a generic name, what is the over the counter name for it?
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 10:28 AM

Ladyatthelake how are things today,I know day to day it can get a little hairy and I would like to hear from you if you would like to keep us all updated,I for one, would be interested.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 10:31 AM

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself. Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of Effexor. It may take 4 weeks or more for your symptoms to improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Do not stop using Effexor without first talking to your doctor. You may have unpleasant side effects if you stop taking this medication suddenly.

Effexor Information from Drugs.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop crying [ 4 Answers ]

I can't stop crying, I don't have the energy to do anything, I'm so sad, I'm depressed, I don't know how to deal with it, therapys out of the question don't ask why, I tried peoples advise on meeting new people, it drained my energy, I lost interest, I don't want to live, I barely have the energy...

Will not stop crying [ 21 Answers ]

My 2 yr old is the love of my life but latley he doesn't seem the same to me. We moved out of my moms house into a beautiful apartment and he has his own room but he has been throwing huge fits over everything. I can't talk to him when he's screaming because he can't hear me and probley doesn't...

She Won't Stop Crying/Complaining! [ 8 Answers ]

AHHHHHH!! IM GOING NUTS!! I've been with a girl for 2+ years now. I proposed to her, we're engaged for about what... 1-2 weeks? I proposed when we moved in together. Anyway, everyday has been the same thing. She cries or complains about something (the house looks bad, the bathroom is too...

Why won't he stop crying? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is two next week and until a couple of weeks ago was perfectly well behaved and then he has suddenly changed. He won't go to bed, he just stands in his cot and screams, I have tried going to him and trying to soothe him and then leaving the room but he continues to scream. It is now a...

Why can't I stop crying for this jerk [ 2 Answers ]

2nd cheater in 2 years -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I seem to attract cheaters or look likea doormant. My first one was a Minister and went back to his wife along with me and another woman. I found him out and was enraged, left him and got...

View more questions Search