Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swanie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 06:01 AM
    How to annul bigamist marriage
    If person was married in europe, lied on naturalization papers that was divorced but actually never was, remarries in US(stating on marriage license was never married before); divorces 2nd husband, then remarries 3rd husband,now seeks divorce and lots of $$ from 3rd husband. 3rd husband now finds out she never divorced first husband, can his marriage be annulled and is she entitled to $$ or must he proceed with divorce? He was married in NY. Secondly, is it criminal for her to lie on naturalization application regarding marital status and would anyone care?
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 01:15 PM

Yes, of course, husband #3 can seek a nullity (or "annulment" in many places). Bigamy is always grounds to annul a marriage and wife would not be entitled to any portion of the property husband generated during the marriage if the grounds for nullity were proved. Nor would she be entitled to spousal support ("alimony") or attorney fees.

Yes, and it is criminal to make false statements on an application for naturalization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to have this bigamist illegal alien deported? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US citizen female . Imarried an illegal alien and obtained an annulment 4 months later. I filled for annulment because 3 motnhs after the marriage ,I found out that he is in fact still married to another wife in his homecountry .The other wife was living with his mother and also ...

Annul marriage [ 4 Answers ]

How 2 annul marriage

Annul an Inmate Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

I married a man six years ago who is in prison. We have tried, but it hasn't worked out as husband and wife. He was in prison when we wed. He's in the Midwest (Mo) and I'm in England. Someone has said to me about the possibility of an annulment, as opposed to a divorce because of the fact that...

Is my husband a bigamist? [ 5 Answers ]

I am still legally married to my husband who bought a home with his girlfriend. If he lives with her for seven years is he a bigamist?

View more questions Search