Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbazhp View Post
    All very good and truthful points; I assumed the couple was young since usually young men are fighting for our freedom. The truth is sad that many men marry before they get sent out and women cheat, sell their stuff and do terrible things.

But is seemed so uncaring and naive to ask your husband to give you permission to cheat that I thought this woman is confused, lonely, missing her husband and may have someone tempting her making her more confused.

If she truly loves him which is at least 50% of the time (50 % of marriages work) then she is asking for help to solve an issue that is overwhelming her but can be solved. If I was going to cheat on a man, I would not call and ask permission. Never! I'd just do it.

If I missed him and didn't know what I was feeling, other than missing his sugar, I'd ask for help from him and perhaps mess it up like she did by not really having a grip on what it is she needs and her asking him permission is saying” I love you, I do not want to hurt you, I am lonely, I have never felt this way before so I am equating it with sex." I see the wife as reaching out to her husband, which one does when they are in love. If she was an uncaring, back stabbing, evil person, she would just have many affairs, run around and not tell him unless she fell for another guy then she'd take everything and divorce him.

Why ask for help? Honey I am loosing it!!! What can I do??? That is why he needs to get family, church members, other wives in the same situation, etc... Around her for support, to lean on and keep her from being lonely. Because she is confused about her emotions you get her butt into therapy. Then she is in good hands and he can trust on the support of the friends and family he has assigned to assist while he is gone and take care of what is really the most important thing. Staying alive.

He is going to read this drama and warnings, although often true and feel hopeless. She is showing love by opening up and asking for help of her husband. He can count on the fact that she loves him. If she didn't she'd be having sex, answer his phone call while having sex, and lie to him about it. That is how someone not in love acts.
    I don't agree at all with that... "Honey I love you but I want to sleep with all of your buddies while you are gone " isn't love... thats disrespect, and self centered, and self serving behaviour. He is deployed, possibly in a dangerous area... and her main concern is getting laid.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Apr 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Wow, the audacity of her to "ask" for permission to cheat on you while your deployed. I've heard some doozies in my life but this one tops all! You mean to tell me that her craving for sex is stronger then her desire to be faithful while you are gone? Sounds to me that she is too immature to be in a marriage where love, trust and faithfulness should be at the forefront.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custody while deployed [ 1 Answers ]

My family is about to have the same issue. My husband will deploy in June and as a member of the Air Force, he will luckily only be gone for six months. We have been at our current duty station (TX) for two years now with his son living with us only interrupted by his ex-wife's summer and holiday...

Wife kissed another woman because I asked [ 26 Answers ]

OK, so my wife was out on the town with some girl friends. She kissed a girl because I asked and sent me a picture. Since then I have wanted her to (do more) with another woman. Possibly bring another woman home with her. First aspect of this question... What are some tips to look for if...

Stepmom visitation while Non-Custodial dad deployed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I still get the court ordered visitation ordered for my husband and have visitation with my step-daughter while her father is deployed in the Army. The mother is the custodial parent and is refusing to allow me visitation; she says I have no rights to see her, only her father has visitation. ...

Custodial parent being deployed [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My ex-husband and I have been divorced since 2002. We have a 8 yr old son. Our son lives with his dad, who was just stationed out in California. Our son visits me in MI every summer, over major holidays and even lived...

Wife of Deployed Marine finds bank account empty [ 4 Answers ]

I have found some information on my topic however my question comes with a twist. My account was emptied today by an attorney firm in AK. The judgement is against my husband and we had been making payments on the account until he went into boot camp about a year ago. He told me they were...

View more questions Search