Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marine Wife1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 05:44 AM
    What should I do
    Ok so my Brother Had a Baby with his ex, and a year after he was born they Split up... She refuses to let my Brother see His baby... She moved 4 hours away from my Brother... And Started dating this guy well my brother called her to see if he could see the baby, and her, and her boyfriend went off on my Brother... She changed her number, and we don't know how to contact her what should we do to get My Nephew
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 07:57 AM

File for visitation in court.
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 08:33 AM

What are the circumstances that the mom doesn't want dad to see kid and why did they split up so soon?
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtspencer View Post
    what are the circumstances that the mom doesn't want dad to see kid and why did they split up so soon?
    While I understand your desire to know more of the whole picture, in this case, it really doesn't matter. One parent is not allowed to deny access to a child from another for any reason. That is the right of a court alone.

Apr 15, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    While I understand your desire to know more of the whole picture, in this case, it really doesn't matter. One parent is not allowed to deny access to a child from another for any reason. That is the right of a court alone.
    Just trying to get some background on what the "real" issue is so maybe they can work "that" problem out and get on board with allowing the child to know both parents.
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtspencer View Post
    just trying to get some background on what the "real" issue is so maybe they can work "that" problem out and get on board with allowing the child to know both parents.
    I was looking at it from the legal standpoint. Particularly the point that the mother may be committing a felony by moving and not telling the father where to find his child. I am addressing it from the point that custody and visitation are actually legal issues between adults and ultimately have little to do with the children affected by them.

2 sides - same coin. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 09:36 AM

I meant to point out to the poster - YOU can do nothing, legally. Your brother is the only one with any legal standing here.
    Marine Wife1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 10:01 AM

I understand that My Brother Has to go through the process... But 3 days after My nephew was Born she was never there I was the one helping My Brother take care of the Baby I did everything for him... There were nights we would leave him with her, We would go to her house she would be passed out Drunk with the Baby laying halfway out of his Car seat... If anyone knows the steps to getting him could you please help me
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Wife1 View Post
    I understand that My Brother Has to go throught the process... But 3 days after My nephew was Born she was never there I was the one helping My Brother take care of the Baby I did everything for him... There were nights we would leave him with her, We would go to her house she would be passed out Drunk with the Baby laying halfway out of his Car seat...If anyone knows the steps to getting him could you please help me
    If you feel as though the child may be in danger, call the department of child services.

As for getting the child, your brother needs to establish paternity (if he has not already done so) and go to court and file for a change of custody. Ultimately it is up to the judge though.

Have your brother contacted a lawyer yet? That would be the best first step.

Apr 15, 2009, 10:12 AM

Go get a lawyer - you and your brother go topgether. My husband and I just got full custody of his two kids this year after going through 5 years of crap from his ex. She never took off with the kids but she was an awful "mom". Every other week they would stay with her while she bounced from this guy and that guy's house. They would not get ANY homework done with her, no baths, mismatched clothes, no toothbrush, etc.. As bad as all that and more was we couldn't do anything without proof and we never got proof of just HOW bad she was until we hired a lawyer - consutation fee about $75. The lawyer then pulled her name up and found heroine charges, shoplifting charges, about 5 dwi's, etc.. Then getting custody was no problem, except the $3,000 we had to come up with to carry the court process all the way through! But it was well worth it. No more worrying about what the kids are doing when they are with her because they are not subjected to that anymore. Sad as it is, being a crappy mom is not enough reason for a judge to take someone';s child away from them. You need to get a lawyer and dig up some dirt. Oh, and it doesn't hurt if you can get close to someone close to her and find out exactly what she is up to in her spare time. In my case it was the grandmother on the mom's side. Once someone likes you encough, trust me they will spill their guts!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search