Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lethal117 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Business Combinations amd control concept!
    Hi, I need help with business combination.

How does business combination relate to the concept of control?

I am not able to get my head around this. Its driving me insane!

If anyone is able to help me please?it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    helemuo Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 09:13 PM
    There are four basic forms of business combination and control. You need to study the features of Statutory Merger, Statutory consolidation, Acquisition of Common Stock, and Acquisition of Assets to have a grasp of the control being exerted by the acquiring company called the combinor.
    For the purpose of answering your question, I will explain what takes place in the case of an acquisition of common stock. If Delta Airline, for example, wishes to thwart competition, it might bid for the common stock of United Airline and try to acquire as many outstanding shares as possible using cash, bonds and some other negotiable instruments. If she obtains more than 50% of United Airlines outstanding share, Delta could exert an enormous control over the affairs or the management of United. A more than 50% controlling interest means in effect that there are minority shareholders of United (49%) who did not want to sell their shares. The control could be as high as 100% in which case, there are no more minority interest to provide for. Every financial year the combinor is required to present a consolidated financial statement, that is, its accounting presentation must reflect a single entity concept.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to Introduce Pest Control Business to Companies [ 3 Answers ]

I want to introduce a Pest control business to companies who would want to make use of the services we offer

Combinations [ 9 Answers ]

The personnel manager for a commercial bank has interviewed five men and seven women for four managerial training positions available with her bank. If the final selection will include two men and two women, how many different combinations are possible? Any suggestions will help.

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

View more questions Search