Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Apr 10, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Do you think sugar effects your complexion and texture of skin?
    I eat pretty well, but would really like to eliminate sugar and white flour out of my diet. I swear it makes my skin look horrible... but I've never had the best skin anyway!

Does anyone notice that? If not sugar what do you think can really effect your skin?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:02 PM

I believe anything you eat can effect your skin.
    One thing that is great for skin is omega fatty acid or flaxseed oil. My stomach can't stand either so I use ground flaxseed.
    Also probiotics or unsweetened yogurt is good
    http://greenlivingideas.com/food-and...h-foodweetened
    Aloe is good too
    Aloe Vera Liquid,Food Grade Aloe Vera,Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturers,Aloe Vera Gel Suppliers,India

Apr 10, 2009, 07:12 PM
    I take anutra right now which is similar to flaxseed but more nutrients. Also taking ground acai berries and flaxseed oil... 2 tbls a day.

I would really like to cut out ALL sugar and white flour. I would love to do a detox but love my food waaay too much LOL
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:14 PM

I never heard of anutra
    I will have to look it up for myself :D
    Thanks

Apr 10, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I never heard of anutra
    I will have to look it up for myself :D
    thanks
    I love it, I can only find it at wegmans. But they do have info online abou it. I get the ground and not whole. Its broken down easier in your system.

Have a good night
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2009, 11:47 AM
    I believe anything you eat can effect your skin.
    One thing that is great for skin is omega fatty acid or flaxseed oil. My stomach can't stand either so I use ground flaxseed.
    Also probiotics or unsweetened yogurt is good
    http://greenlivingideas.com/food-and...h-foodweetened
    aloe is good too
    Aloe Vera Liquid,Food Grade Aloe Vera,Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturers,Aloe Vera Gel Suppliers,India
    I just have a quick question! Did you break out when you first started the flaxseed oil? I am trying it now. It's been two weeks and my face is worse and very oily. I take 1 tablespoon a day and evening primrose as well.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Yeah I agree, foods will have a positive or negative effect on the skin as it will with all of the organs. When I maintain drinking a lot of water, my family would say my skin looks lighter... I have been slacking on the water amounts lately though. I also heard that if you have too much sugar and carbs in the diet and at risk for diebetes, the sides of your cheeks will begin to look dark too.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 01:01 PM

Maybe the flax isn't good for you? I don't know. I gave my daughter flax for her exema and didn't have any problems with it.
    You could be allergic to it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Maybe the flax isn't good for you? I don't know. I gave my daughter flax for her exema and didn't have any problems with it.
    You could be allergic to it.
    Well, flax is known to be really good for the body as it's rich in omega 3 fatty acid, antioxidants, and fiber. Good in preventing cancer, heart disease, and lowers cholesterol as it is one of the "good carbs" (low carb & rich in fiber). But, bad carbs aren't good, like candy, white pasta, refined white flour, sodas... although so tasty.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah I know I meant maybe it isn't good for her in particular like an allergic reaction.
    I have been preaching to people for years about the benefits of antioxidents, good fats vs bad fats and so forth.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 02:01 PM
    I don't know if she would have an allergic reaction from it. Personally, I would just check with the doctor to see if there may be an allergic reaction from it or not.

Sep 2, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgb77 View Post
    I just have a quick question! Did you break out when you first started the flaxseed oil? I am trying it now. It's been two weeks and my face is worse and very oily. I take 1 tablespoon a day and evening primrose as well.
    I did break out when I took the flaxseed oil. I take panothentic acid (b5) for the breakouts and to tighten my pores. Its AWESOME!
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 06:29 PM
    So Rxnarunner, the panothentic acid (b5) helps to tighten pores? I know I need something effective to help tighten my pores. I was trying the microdermabrasion and it helped my skin with discoloration, but it didn't look like my pores shrank or anything.

Sep 3, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    So Rxnarunner, the panothentic acid (b5) helps to tighten pores? I know I need something effective to help tighten my pores. I was trying the microdermabrasion and it helped my skin with discoloration, but it didn't look like my pores shrank or anything.
    I have a whole article on it. I can email it to you, its pretty long. I've been taking it for apx 3 months. I noticed a difference in the first week. The texture is different.

I do the genisis laser for some acne scarring. The panothenic acid just tightens which then helps with oiliness of my skin. Also, I noticed the redness is gone from skin as well. There aren't any side effects. I highly recommend.

Ill email you the link to the aritcle.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 07:39 PM
    OK, thanks. How long did it take for you to notice that your pores were getting tighter?

Oct 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
    ok, thanks. How long did it take for you to notice that your pores were geting tighter?
    About 2 weeks
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rxnarunner View Post
    about 2 weeks
    That's really good timing, I'll have to give it a try. The only thing I tried for my pores was the avon microdermabrasion, but it did little and I saw clean skin but no tightened pores.

Oct 18, 2009, 02:02 PM
    that's really good timing, i'll have to give it a try. the only thing I tried for my pores was the avon microdermabrasion, but it did little and I saw clean skin but no tightened pores.
    Try it, you have to take a lot, but no side effects. And cheap. I go to the vitamin shoppe and get a bottle of 300 500mg.

Keep me updated... I want to hear how you did with it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rxnarunner View Post
    try it, you have to take alot, but no side effects. and cheap. i go to the vitamin shoppe and get a bottle of 300 500mg.

keep me updated...i want to hear how you did with it.
    Thanks Rxrunner, any particular brand for the panothenic acid (b5)? And do you rub the flaxseed oil on your face or take them as supplements? I read that flaxseed oil is really good for the skin, as it is rick in omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids. What brand of flaxsee oil do you use?
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Apr 17, 2010, 03:46 PM

Technically anything not in moderation can affect the body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Skin Complexion [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Friends, One quick question, My baby is 5 week old... and I am doing massage everyday with Johnson Baby oil (face & Baby ) but I found that my baby's skin becoming darker day by day... Can anyone suggest some good baby massage oil/lotion (may be herbal) which will not affect baby's skin...

Annoying skin texture [ 3 Answers ]

I have an annoying skin texture... it's fair dry in places but can get oily in others. If I use an abricot scrub daily its fin but I have recently had the contraceptive inplant in which has caused skin problems and I have gained some spots What are the best ways to heklp get rid of these? I'm...

Regarding skin complexion and lips [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm worrying about my complexion. My hands are in white colour compared to my face. I want to make my face as fair as possible. I would like to see my lips in pink. What can you suggest me? I'll be very thankful to you if you suggest me any creams for these two. Thanks, Kalpana

Do l-glutathione really lighten the skin complexion? Please help! [ 1 Answers ]

I value your opinion. Do you know if l-glutathione actually can lighten a person's skin complexion and achieve an even skin tone?? I'm happy with my skin tone but I want to get rid of my ugly stretch marks which reminds me on overweight years as a teenager.. I just want to be able to wear a bikini...

View more questions Search