Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ludecrasy87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Violated Probation
    I had a reckless driving ticket going 70 on a 35. I handed it to a lawyer and he was able to lower it to parking ticket 250 fine, 2 pts, traffic school and 90 probation. Well I got another ticket and violated my probation, I was going 43 on a 45 but when you cross the next light speed zone it's a 30. I didn't know about it and I explained the officer that I didn't know about it when he told me, I got written up and for 43 on a 30. I gave it to the lawyer that worked on my reckless ticket. Theirs no way to speak to the lawyer because he has other offices in Nevada and California. He'll be showing up in town just for my case
    Wondering would I go to jail for this? Or just suspension of license?
    cvstone Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 06:47 PM

What are you on probation for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:52 PM

First while I am not saying I don't believe you, you don't get points for a parking ticket, so I really doubt it was reduced to that,

But anyway, I doubt if there is any jail time, mostly loss of license, and a very large fine
    ludecrasy87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 12:06 AM

I was on probation from reckless driving it was one of the deals the lawyer was able to get plus a low fine. Im sorry I assumed that it was dropped to a parking a ticket
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2009, 05:54 AM

Hello l:

You've got a wizzbang lawyer right now. If he can get speeding 35 mph OVER the limit dropped to a parking ticket, he'll get you out of this one.

excon
    cvstone Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 09:26 AM

You should be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on probation in 2 counties and violated my probation today by shoplifting. [ 2 Answers ]

I got caught shoplifting at the grocery store. I know it is a misdemeanor. What do you think will happen when I go to court? I have 2 felony convictions with stays of impositions, and a prior misdemeanor. I have been law abiding for over 2 years now, until today.:confused:

Violated probation. Now what? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, so you all have helped me SO much in my MANY situations! I really appreciate it! Although, I do have another question. I was on probation for a year (DUI) this DUI happened 2yrs ago. After my court date, I went on probation for a year. I violated my probation unfortunately. I assumed that...

Violated my probation [ 1 Answers ]

I violated my probation by a dirty ua and not completing a program but I was doing real good before this for the last year I have 2 jobs I am in collage I pay at least some fees every mouth I am back in a program now out paition

Violated my probation [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 and I got a dui in August my 1st offense and in court I received a fine and had to attend class for driver intervention. I have been paying off my fine but I had not rescheduled my class time or paid for it, I forgot to, my mind was on other things because of having two family members...

Violated my probation... [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's what's going on I got put on probation for six months for a PI( public intoxication) charge. Well I told my probation officer I had a drinking problem and he told me he'de make me go to a 12 hour class which I can't attend until december* its full until then*. Also he's making me go to...

View more questions Search