Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessie_luv06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Do you lose assistance from the state if you have a felon move in with you?
    Ok I have a friend who is getting help from the state to pay for rent, food, medical, daycare, and whatever else. Well they have a friend who is on parole with a felony charge and is needing a place to live. We were wondering if the friend with the felony moves in with them if they will lose all help from the state or not.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 02:20 PM

In some States, yes. In other States, no.

Your friend needs to call her caseworker and ask.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:48 PM

You may possibly mess up your benefits of rent, food, etc by having another person added to your household regardless if they are a felon or not. Don't just assume that adding another person to your household is legal. As Judy pointed out, contact your caseworker on the specific rules for your state as the "new" household member may totally disqualify you for your present level of assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I lose custody of my child for dating a felon? [ 4 Answers ]

If I were to date a man convicted of a felony, can the father of my child ( we have joint custody) try to take my parental rights away? This man that I am considering dating was charged with indecent liberties with a minor. He was not aware of the girls age at the time of the incident. Could this...

Can a convicted felon lose primary residence of their child? [ 2 Answers ]

I have received a summons for paternity and related relief. My child, (whose 2 yrs old) lives with me. I have been recently convicted of a felony:violent crime; which is petitioner's reason why it would be of best interest my child live with him ,I only would get visitations. Petitioner was the...

Single father ex-felon full time student need assistance [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any scholarships or grants specifically for felons? What about part time employment to help living expenses?:confused:

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search