Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jemy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
    "Your Just Too Good For Me."

Translation= You just aren't good enough for me too continue.
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

May 18, 2008, 11:18 PM
    I adore you, but I have issue to figure out
    brian1231 Posts: 113, Reputation: 6

May 19, 2008, 06:32 AM
    I love you so much and you mean so much to me, but I need to work on myself so we can be equal partners.
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

May 24, 2008, 01:07 PM
    How about...

"I just don't want to be in a relationship right now" (2 weeks later he's in a new relationship... hmmm)

"You're perfect" (what? Trying to make me feel good as you break up w/ me?)

"You're too good/nice" (Oh, so after complaining about how your past gf's cheated on you and left you for someone else you said you wanted someone who would treat you right... but I guess now you want to go back to someone who will treat you like crap? Ok)

"If we stay together I'll probaly end up marrying you..." (?? )

"I still love/care about you" (b s)

"I still see you as my best friend..." (whatever)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

May 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
    How about the line leading up to these break up lines, "we have to talk."
    -This crap line just makes me worry, I HATE IT!

I also just received this line, by text message, about I week ago :(
    This thread has cheered my up a bit, Thanks
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

May 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
    How about - " I think the world of you. I don't want you out of my life. I just want our relationship to be over". Translation: "You're sweet, but I'm tired of sleeping with you, I need to go bang other sluttier girls." : )
    xxelainexx0 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
    3. I think we need a break.

Yeah right.

--I want to break up with you.
    I totally agree. Two months ago, my ex-boyfriend told me he wanted to take a break until he got out of school for the summer. Yet last weekend he came home for the summer, and he has still not tried to contact me.

May 24, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Oh and I completely forgot to include his breakup lines...

"you my "girlfriend" and i've cheated on you time and time again. i can't have a real relationship now. i drink and do stuff with girls. i can't control it. and im not going to stop going out because i have a gf. i don't want to waste the best years of my life cause i have a gf. so alls im saying is....i want to go on a break until i get back from school. "

This was over an IM by the way. I saved it, I don't really know why.

May 24, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Oh, my ex did that too. He gave me the "we need a break, but i still love you and want a future with you" speech... then 2 weeks into it broke up with me, giving me the "the purpose of the break was to give me time to think...." speech.

May 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxelainexx0
    Oh and I completely forgot to include his breakup lines...

"you my "gf" and i've cheated on you time and time again. i can't have a real relationship now. i drink and do stuff with girls. i can't control it. and im not going to stop going out because i have a gf. i don't want to waste the best years of my life cause i have a gf. so alls im saying is....i want to go on a break until i get back from school. "

This was over an IM by the way. I saved it, I don't really know why.
    This guy seems like a real a. hole. He wants to have fun while at school, and by "going on a break" with you until he gets back from school, he is just securing some "fun" at home too. Its pigs like this that give guys a bad reputation. Please tell me you don't see him anymore!

May 24, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg
    This guy seems like a real a. hole. He wants to have fun while at school, and by "going on a break" with you until he gets back from school, he is just securing some "fun" at home too. Its pigs like this that give guys a bad reputation. Please tell me you don't see him anymore!!
    Well he came home from school last weekend, and has not contacted me yet. I kind of wish he would've just broke it off completely when he told me he wanted to take a break, because then I wouldn't have that small piece of hope left in my heart telling me that he might come back to me. And you said that he just wants to secure some "fun" at home during the summer, I wish we could be together during the summer, even if it means breaking up when he goes back to school. I doubt he'll come back to me though. His entire family hates me and we got in a big fight after we broke up.

May 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxelainexx0
    Well he came home from school last weekend, and has not contacted me yet. I kind of wish he would've just broke it off completely when he told me he wanted to take a break, because then I wouldn't have that small piece of hope left in my heart telling me that he might come back to me. And you said that he just wants to secure some "fun" at home during the summer, I wish we could be together during the summer, even if it means breaking up when he goes back to school. I doubt he'll come back to me though. His entire family hates me and we got in a big fight after we broke up.
    Well, I hope you can work things out with him, and his family. Who knows, maybe he has matured and will be looking for a serious relationship...
    Anyway I wish you luck with him
    ososad Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2008, 07:24 AM
    How about 'you just don't understand me'

And then when you ask what they mean, to elaborate on exactly what it is you don't get, she tells you that she shouldn't have to explain it, you should know.

And she wonders why you 'don't understand'??

:confused:
    Kitty1978 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Breagha
    Oh, how about "You deserve/will find someone better." Yah, okay. I don't even know what the hell that means. Really, if someone knows enlighten me.
    You know what did you have to answer?
    This:

Ah I know I'm much better than you and you don't deserve me, but you are enough for me for time being, lets just have some fun!
    Kitty1978 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovcali
    "We're too different".

Oh really, since when? We seemed fine 5 minutes ago.

Translation:

"I don't want you anymore".
    That's exactly what he told me: " we are too different!" but we never felt the difference really... better to leave instead of buls***tting! (sorry for being rude)
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

May 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
    How about "It's not you.......It's me."

"I'm not quite over my ex yet." Even though I've been having sex with you for the past 3 months.

"We should take a break" "So I can get over my ex."

"I'm not sure what I want right now." 12 hrs ago we know what you wanted!

"I really need to focus on my job"

And my all time favorite...
    "I need my space." "I don't want to be with anyone right now." Well, for a couple of days anyway.

I really like the broken dishwasher though.
    I'll never forget that one! Ha Ha

Then there's the:

e-mail breakup, the text message breakup, The best friend tells you breakup, the voicemail breakup, and the never calls you again breakup!

May 25, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by polska

e-mail breakup, the text message breakup, The best friend tells you breakup, the voicemail breakup, and the never calls you again breakup!
    Oh, can't forget the myspace breakup

May 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon24
    Oh, can't forget the myspace breakup
    How about when you check your Facebook, and the girlfriend just changed her status to "single." Then you call and say what's that about, and THEN, she breaks up with you. That one really sucks.

These impersonal break ups are the worst, have the courage to do it face to face.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 08:16 PM
    "Get the h#&^%$ out of my &%#@*))&% house and don't bring your%&*(%# a7$^^***^ back again"
    At least I knew where I stood, and where I better not ever stand again. But I had closure!
    mrchef1110 Posts: 62, Reputation: 8

May 25, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    "Get the h#&^%$ out of my &%#@*))&% house and don't bring your%&*(%# a7$^^***^ back again"
    At least I knew where I stood, and where I better not ever stand again. But I had closure!
    Hahaha

I'm going to have to say that's as easy a break up could probably be to understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bush: The WORST President in History? [ 67 Answers ]

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history?rnd=1145910812680&has-player=true&version=6.0.8.1024 When Bush's lips are moving, he's lying to us, misleading us, or engaged in Orwellian doublespeak. The willfully blind citizens of this country play...

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

Relationship Break [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had been dating for a year when last Aug, she said she needed to take a break. She told me that she had made many relationship errors in her life and that she had been thinking about that lately. She has been married four times and has always ended one relationship and gone...

My worst nightmare come true [ 8 Answers ]

Last week my b/f of 7 years said that he wanted to call it quits. It came out of the blue. He then decided that he was not going to leave. That we were to live there together as roommates until he could move into another place. He also informed me that he was planning to bring dates have sex with...

View more questions Search