Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebelgg1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 06:54 PM
    How can I move a wall vent about 2 feet
    How can I move a wall vent about 2 feet from where it is now. Same wall.
    Also how do I cap one off
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 3, 2009, 06:08 AM

A few picts would help a bunch in getting the info you want.
    What size vent?
    What is this vent for?heating?
    What do you have for duct work?

Offsets/flexduct/many ways to do what you want.

Capping off a vent is easy if you know what you have to cap.
    Size and type of line you want to cap.
    Get back and someone can help.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 03:34 PM

Well you will have to cap it off and move the duct to another joist. If it is round duct you can get a cap at Lowe's, if it is square you will have to fab one up out of metal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move a Toilet over 1-2 feet, can I? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. First, I must say I hate this bathroom. All my other bathrooms are marble floors with nice vanitys, but this is how this one was when I moved in. I will be REPLACING the floor and the vanity. I never liked how close the toilet was to the vanity. There is the vanity, the toilet, and...

How to move a water closet drain 4 feet on a 2nd flloor [ 6 Answers ]

I have searched this site and found what I think is the answer to my question, but I still am not quite sure. I am remodeling my master bath on the second floor of my home. I need to move my toilet approximately 4 feet from it's current location. The current drain for th toilet goes horizontally...

Moving a toilet 3 feet to right on same wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to remodel a bathroom. My toilet is on the east wall, I need to move it to the west wall (exterior wall) and about 3 feet to the right. I will be removing the floor and walls in that bathroom and reinsulating and drywalling and flooring. What is the best and easiest way to...

Washer discharge pipe 7 feet up wall [ 5 Answers ]

The washer discharge pipe in our rental townhouse is about 7 feet from the floor. We've gone through two washing machines in 2 1/2 months because the washers can't pump the water up that high and something seems to burst in them. Last time the entire basement was flooded. Someone said we could get...

Move toilet 4 feet [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a second floor bathroom that is 6 feet wide. Toilet is on left side wall and looks to be a foot away from wall. I want to move toilet to the right side wall. So this would require a move of about 4 feet. Two things need to happen of course: water supply must be available and the...

View more questions Search