Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james5212 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Gf Dumped me
    Well, to make a long story short, I got out of a 3 year relationship in August. She cheated on me dumped me and left me for another man. I was devastated, initiated no contact and everything was going good feeling better etc.

I met this girl in like December and it was amazing, only thing was that she lived like 2 hours away, we fell for each quickly and everything was going good. She was physically abused in her last relationship, and would always go on how I'm the first guy in her life who treated her right etc. etc.

Her parents loved me and so did her family because they saw how great I treated her, then this past week she starts going distant, not returning my phone calls or text messages, then she finally messages me "its not working out, were two different poeple, distance, we can still remain friends, your the greatest guyh I ever knew and I still love you"

I texted her back no thank you I won't be your friend, left work early packed up everything she gave me cards,gifts etc. and mailed it to her fed ex and emailed her a letter just saying thanks for showing me I could feel crazy about a girl again and to your folks tell them thanks it was nice knowing them and I hope you achieve all your goals in life God Bless. Deleted and blocked her from msn, Facebook, I made note to never memorize a girls number again so once deleted the urges to text I didn't have her number anyway.

Even though I wanted to curse her out, again I learnt from my previous relationship its better to take the high road and that's what I did.

I haven't contacted her since, I know pleading begging talking etc. trrying to remain friends just makes everything worse.

I feel like crap, like I was burned again, opening up which is hard for me to do after being cheated on but I did, I know no risk no reward etc. etc. but damn does this hurt. I even told her when he first started to talk how it hurt like crazy to mean so much to someone and get dumped through a text message and that's the same thing she did.

Even though it was only 3 months it sucks, I know I know no contact, work on myself etc. etc. take your time before dating etc. but damn it still sucks. I know second chances barely ever work, and I refuse to be downgraded to friends, it just hurts knowing I'll never see her or talk to her again :(.
    shyfoxie Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 04:37 PM

It looks like you know that you'll need to move on. A lot of people have trouble accepting that.

Everyone's been betrayed, everyone's been let down. You'll get over it, but it'll still suck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 05:45 PM

Hi James, I think you have handled a bad situation very well, and seem to know what to do. Like we all find out doing the right thing, the right way, still can hurts for a while.

The good news is you know its only temporary, and in time your back in the game better than you were.

Hang in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Dumped but don't know why [ 5 Answers ]

I have been in a wonderful relationship for 13 months. The only downfall was his mother who was very possessive even had a joint bank account together, since his dad left a year ago.Towards the end of this year we discussed moving in together, even looked at some properties.Everything was fine but...

Was dumped, not sure why? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to the board. First time on here. But 2 days before xmas. My commonlaw spouse of 4.5 years, sent me a dear john email saying he decided to move out. So needless to say xmas sucked, considering it was the first xmas that our son who will be 3 in April, put out the cookies for the...

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

My son got dumped [ 3 Answers ]

Funny title but just found out my son got terminated from a position he took on by a company who designs computer programmes for hospitals and doctors offices, etc. He graduated in computer science technology, then worked with a call in centre in town to makes ends meet. He is 24 and lives at...

View more questions Search