Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M1386 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 10:19 AM
    Could I replace a light fixture with an outlet?
    Im thinking about renting a storage space for my band to practice in but none of them have outlets. I was wondering if I hooked an outlet up to where the light is I could plug a power strip up their and hook up two guitar amps and a light. Will this trip the breaker?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 11:09 AM

You more than likely will trip the breaker by doing this. This is mainly the reason why storage places do not have adequate outlets. This also prevents people from living in storage units as well.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 07:24 PM

Guitar amps don't draw that much current, 100-200 watts in my experience. So as long as the breaker is not already maxed out you should be fine. They make devices that screw into a light socket and give you outlets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring light fixture to ceiling fan outlet with 2 switches [ 7 Answers ]

I searched but couldn't find this exact question... I have replaced a ceiling fan/light with a light fixture. The ceiling fan/light was connected to a single set of black, white and red wires as well as a ground wire. The ceiling fan was controlled by switches in 2 locations. One location...

How to restore power to a light fixture and outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling light in my girls playroom that just stopped working we tried to put in a new light bulb did not work so I bought a whole new fixture installed still did not work also the next day went to urn on their TV and it also would not work but there are two other outlets in the room that...

Replace front light fixture [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace my front light fixture outside, what do I need to do? Is there a lot of wires.

Replace light fixture [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a light fixture and am confused at all the wiring here. I have two red wires connected to ea other and two black wires connected to ea other. Besides that I have two white wires that were used to connect my old fixture which had two clear plastic covered copper wires. My new light...

View more questions Search