Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Laptop suddenly getting really hot!
    My laptop is suddenly getting really hot as I use it. I am unsure of what can cause this except a lot of usage.

If anyone has any idea's TIA I was unsure of what to include in this so feel free to ask any Q's!

Here's my specs:

Gateway M-6309
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
    Intel Dual-Core T2330 1.6GHz
    1.5 GB RAM (533MHz)
    140GB HDD

If this makes a difference, the battery doesn't work, yet it's still in the PC. I have to use the power cable!
    hulk1371 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2009, 05:44 PM

I would guess that either the cooling fan does not work and will need replaced or the computer needs cleaned. Too much dust can cause overheating
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk1371 View Post
    i would guess that either the cooling fan does not work and will need replaced or the computer needs cleaned. too much dust can cause overheating
    Was thinking the same thing, sounds like the air passage way has been blocked, the fan has locked up or stopped, or there's just plain been a short on the board. Check the immediate sides and bottom obviously for airway obstruction and invest in a targus coolpad for future operations.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 09:45 PM

Would you recommend me taking it apart and cleaning it?
    I have a Targus rise pad, I need to get a chill pad though huh!

Rick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

Connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Easiest way to connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista

I am suddenly Shy. [ 10 Answers ]

I used to be very confident when I was younger... I was doing basketball and tons of other sports, I wouldn't have trouble talking to the opposite sex and I would not feel down on myself all the time, thinking about how I could be better etc... It all started in 6th grade when I started...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search