Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boowhokitty00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Perpetual inventory
    Hello I am having a bit of trouble being I have missed a bit of class due to a kidney stone. OK I am doing all right but feel real dumb cause I am not feeling to comfortable with any of the answers that I choose. Using perpetual inventory if a shortage is discovered, then what would merchandise inventory be, debited or credited or I was thinking inventory would be credited. Could someone please help Thank you boowhokitty00
    helemuo Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Using Perpetual Inventory method means that you should open Cost of Goods Sold ledger with a debit entry. Any shortage arising thereof is credited because it is a deduction from from the first entry. So your guess is right, credit shortage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine the ending inventory under a perpetual inventory system [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ! I've honestly spent a long time trying to figure this out, but I keep getting the answer wrong and I'm not sure how I should go about this question. I'm not asking for you to just give me the answer, if you have time to give a little explanation that would be nice so I could understand what...

Perpetual Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

Jan. 1 Inventory... 100 units at... $5.00 each Jan. 4 Sale... 80 units at... $8.00 each Jan.11 Purchase... 150 units at... $6.00 each Jan. 13 Sale... 120 units at... $8.75 each Jan. 20 Purchase... 160 units at... $7.00 each Jan. 27 Sale... 100 units at... $9.00 each The correct journal...

Perpetual inventory [ 1 Answers ]

Perpetual inventory system purchased merchandise on credit?

View more questions Search