Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittycat23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Do I answer his calls and text messages after breakup?
    I am divorced and a mother of one. I am quite new to the dating game. So I need some help on my "game" skills.
    Me and this guy have been talking for a couple of months now. We have been on dates and seem to get along great. He talked to me everyday and it was fine. We were friends prior to our date, so we were comfortable with one another. When I learned that I really did in deed like him, I let him know of the boundaries with dating and having a child involved (e.g. staying over late night, seeing one another everyday, children and attachment.) He in turn told me a week later that we were in two different places in our lives and he wasn't sure where it was going. He told me that he did like me and was interested and that "it sucked". He is older than me and very independent with a great job and education. I ,on the other hand, am working and still in school.
    After he told me this I immediately distanced myself from him and didn't speak to him anymore. When he figured out I wasn't talking to him anymore he started calling again and talking to me. Hen we saw each other for the last two weekends. He is calling me again, but he is not telling me how he feels about the situation. I asked him today and he is still tip toeing around the topic. I mentioned that I thought it would be for the best not to talk to him anymore. I decided for my own good to not talk to him because he obviously doesn't appreciate me as much as I do him. I do not feel like it is an equal relationship. I deleted his number and contacts over email. He now is texting me asking me why I am not talking to him numerous times. What do I do? Never knew this could be so difficult.

~sad mommy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 07:52 PM

What "sucked"? Did he say specifically? And what is the difference in ages?
    kittycat23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 07:09 AM

He said that it "sucked" because he likes me, but he thought that we were in different places in our lives right now. He is four years older than me.
    mandyforp Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 07:32 PM

Well, just be honest!
    "I have a child and she's my priority, and you say 'we're in different places'... So if that's how it is, just stop calling me".

You can't start a relationship with a guy who obviously isn't comfortable with dating a single mom.
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Apr 1, 2009, 08:56 PM

Yea I agree with mandyforp there is no way you can have a relationship with a man that's not comfortable with dating a single parent. I think you actrually doing good by yourself I seen you in school and working you doing what you need for you that's a good start I think you might want to just focus on you and your daughter and one nice man will come soon are later(I would leave him alon) if it was me I will get my number change and move on with my life. Hope I help you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virgo male still calls me after breakup >? Why ? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi guyz .I just want to know why my ex who initiated the break up is calling me now ... he told me he was a ditcher he was a flirt earlier.. he told me that and he said he never got emotionally attached to a girl and never thought of long term with them.. but he said he is emotionally attached to...

Text messages [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I have verizon wireless, and I was wondering if there is ANY way to get a history of the texts I sent and received? I know how to see the numbers I've texted, but I want to see the actual texts. I need these for proof for court for a friend of mine who is on my cell phone plan... thanks!

System calls for IP messages [ 1 Answers ]

Explain in detail the various system calls used in IP messages . Give their syntax ?

Mean Messages After Nasty Breakup [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I dated a little over a year. I moved in with him and left after only three months. We almost got back together but I couldn't make up my mind. I just avoided him because he was so overbearing and I was afraid he'd never change. After we broke up, a coworker of his and I started...

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

View more questions Search