Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specializedsound Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
    AC compressor stopped working
    I have a Amana central AC that the compressor just stopped coming on after a severe rain storm the fan also has a hard time starting but will go if you help it. The thermostat is working and the ac turns on but no compressor. I get 230 volts on the red and yellow wires coming directly out of the compressor, Its 109 here in San Jacinto Ca and is supposed to be hotter tomorrow. Any advice or help will be deeply appreciated.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Have you check your capacitor?
    specializedsound Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I hadn't until today and that was the problem, I replaced the capacitor and that fixed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay fan stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have had a Hampton Bay fan for about a year now and it's been great. This morning it was not running. When I turned the light on, they both flashed and continued to do so. I put new batteries in the remote and it sill won't turn. It is a Windward III Model 740 183. Any ideas? ...

AC compressor/Fan suddenly not working [ 4 Answers ]

Our AC suddenly stops working. It's fan inside runs continuously, but the outdoor unit (compressor/fan) stops running. We tried switching on/off the circuit breaker, changing the air filter, yet nothing works. We were told that it can be some pressure buildup on the compressor, and there is...

Ice Maker stopped working... [ 18 Answers ]

Copied from the Plumbing Section: My ice maker stopped working. I found the water line (upper right) tube was frozen. I wrapped a hot towel around it for 10 minutes and that worked. Now I can hear water filling the ice maker (I think), but still no ice - after 10 hours... If I need to pull the...

Sound card stopped working. [ 3 Answers ]

My sound card has 'expired'. I recently installed webcam and have been communicating successfully (audio and visual) for some weeks. Suddenly my sound card 'went'. Attached speakers are okay. Please help if you can.

AC Compressor stopped [ 2 Answers ]

My compressor has completely stopped. I can here it surge like it wants to, but nothing happens. I am inside the house when I here this. The unit in the house works, just not the compressor outside. It is new, as this is a new residence, not even a year old. It is 100 degrees here today in...

View more questions Search