Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kila Malia Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2009, 01:35 AM
    My adopted parents
    Hello I am new here. I hope I am doing this right. Anyway I am adopted. I was adopted at the age of 4 1/2 years old. When I was adopted I was a part of the family till the age of 13 or so. I did everything with my family. But when I turned 13 it all changed. They all act like they just don't care about me. My family don't even hug or say they love me but they do to the rest of the family. I am doing good though! I am married and have friends and doing pretty good but time to time I get depressed wounding why my parents act this way. Do you think they love me or care for me? Why would they adopt me then not treat me apart of the family anymore? Just thought I could get some feed back on here. Thanks Jill:confused:
    ibrown Posts: 61, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2009, 02:43 AM
    The best thing for you to do is go to them and ask these questions but pray about it before you do to get gods blessings while doing so.I praying for you may god bless!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 03:16 AM

I am sorry that you are experiencing this pain of rejection.

I know that many times adopted children feel this way and in actuality ,it is not always the case.

Did you perhaps start to pull away from your family at that age and they simply respected your wishes and treated you as they believed you wanted to be treated?

I think this is something that you should discuss with your parents.

All this time you have been suffering in silence and there may be an explanation that will heal your feelings.

Talk to them.They loved you enough to make you a part of the family and it is in your best interest to talk about this.

They may be feeling rejected also.Communication is key.Have that talk.

Mar 27, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrown View Post
    the best thing for you to do is go to them and ask these questions but pray about it before you do to get gods blessings while doing so.i praying for you may god bless!
    Thanks for you feedback but I have ask them time and time again and all they say is that it is not true and then change the suggest
    :confused:

Mar 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I am sorry that you are experiencing this pain of rejection.

I know that many times adopted children feel this way and in actuality ,it is not always the case.

Did you perhaps start to pull away from your family at that age and they simply respected your wishes and treated you as they believed you wanted to be treated?

I think this is something that you should discuss with your parents.

All this time you have been suffering in silence and there may be an explanation that will heal your feelings.

Talk to them.They loved you enough to make you a part of the family and it is in your best interest to talk about this.

They may be feeling rejected also.Communication is key.Have that talk.
    No It started when I was 13. I can remember asking my dad when I am 18 will you help me find my real parents? My dad said yes! Then when I was 18 he said he never said that. I was upset but I let it go at the time. A few years later I asked my mom and she never answered. I told them that they would always be my parents but no answer. I am really trying to be apart of my family's life because I care for them! Not real sure what love is but I do care for them and I am trying to be there for them cause there not getting any younger. I have even talked to my mom about my brothers. My brothers just don't talk to me when I call them. I understand there busy but they could take a min to say hello or how you doing on the phone. They all. My family is so close to each other except me.
    Oh I also had a drinking problem when I was young. I am sober now but I wounder if that has anything to do with it? You but yet again My brother and some people in my family drink and there not treated any different.I feel like I am rambling but I need to let this out:confused:

Mar 28, 2009, 12:47 AM

Well try to go to counsling with them!

Mar 28, 2009, 01:05 AM
    :(
    Well try to go to counsling with them!
    I have tried, they refuse to go

Mar 28, 2009, 02:06 AM

Well Im going to be praying for you because I can tell that this is hurting you.Have you tryd finding your parents yourself?
    rachelcuryy08 Posts: 47, Reputation: -3

Mar 28, 2009, 02:45 AM

You can always go for help on finding your parents in your local town they have it set up were you can get help. Do you know there name? I understand were you coming from because children know how they feel even when they parents don't know. So just try looking for them yourself.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 06:00 AM

Have you tried COUNSELING by yourself?

MANY adopted children feel the abandonment thing. Before you try to find your biological parents, it would be a good idea to know YOURSELF better than you do.

I couldn't tell you why your adoptive family behaves as they do, nor could I tell you why you react to that as you do---but a counselor could help you understand more of the situation.

I am of the firm belief that ALL members of the adoption triad should receive counseling. There is just too much emotion involved with adoption, from all angles, for the average person to understand, and it makes anyone involved with adoption feel that much MORE isolated because of it.

Ask your physician to refer you to someone who specializes in adoption counseling.

Mar 29, 2009, 03:13 AM
    Well Im going to be praying for you because i can tell that this is hurting you.Have you tryd finding your parents yourself?

Yes I have and got a lead once but ended up not being my real parents. Most places I have tried online are just too much for my budget so I kind of my Witt's end at the moment. But I won't give up! Thanks for your prayers! ;)

Mar 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Well Im going to be praying for you because i can tell that this is hurting you.Have you tryd finding your parents yourself?
    yes I have. No luck yet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents and grand parents [ 2 Answers ]

are there any laws in pa say that stepparents nad grandparents have right to say what goes in my child's life ?

How to find adopted parents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a brother who had a one night stand with a woman about 3 years ago. He recently (2 months ago) crossed paths with her again. She advised him of a child she had that is possibly his. He asked where the child was? She said the child had been adopted due to her losing her parental rights...

I feel guilty when I look at my parents because I was adopted [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the story I was adopted when I was 6, so I remember almost every thing. How bad it was living in a broken bilding in russia. When My parents got me I was so happy. But now I have major guilt over it. I'm costing so much money for them, I'm not good in school, I don't feel like I...

I'm trying to find out who my boyfriends parents are he's adopted [ 10 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out who my boyfriends parents are he's adopted

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search