Ask
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Look after yourself :-)
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Aug 28, 2009, 06:45 AM

A little update...

Hello friends, yesterday I met the most amazing girl, she is really something. It's almost 8 months after the breakup already...

We shared stories about our ex's and we understand each other so well, we are the same zodiac sign and we have so many things in comon that she told me she got scared... lol

I find we really connected quickly in person, after a week of chatting on msn, one night we chatted for like 7 hours non stop.

I want to say thanks to you guys for showing me that No Contact really works. By refusing casual with my ex, not only did I heal quicker, but I kept my dignity and self respect and I met my match, the most amazing girl I have ever met. I felt happy again last night and she saw it in my eyes. She has this ability to read my eyes and know what I am thinking.

Also yesterday afternoon, my brother told me he went to the dental clinic where my ex works, aparently she took the day off cause she knew my brother was going to be there that day, I guess she was afraid or felt guilt and did not want to face my brother. I am glad she did not show up, so I have no info on her and she has no info on me.

All I want now is to share happiness and great moments with my new girl. Never think or hear about my ex again and forget her name.

Thanks again guys for helping through the hard times, I am finally seeing the light again and it feels great.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:48 AM

Hate to be the eternal skeptic, but just make sure you take it slow. It is awesome to meet such an amazing girl, but let things develop slowly and with realistic expectations.

Good for you, by the way. Now enjoy getting to know each other and don't rush anything. Bravo to you by the way!

Aug 28, 2009, 06:50 AM

Thanks KC, I will take my time...
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:51 AM

Good job, especially with meeting the new girl. Don't rush into anything. Just enjoy getting to know her and see what develops.

KC, you type too fast, lol!

Aug 28, 2009, 06:55 AM

We made out on our first date is that bad?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PirandelloLuigi View Post
    We made out on our first date is that bad?
    No, not really. Just keep things in perspective and remember that when things move too fast, "crash and burn" usually occurs... (shameless Tal plug).

Aug 28, 2009, 07:02 AM

So should not see her today right? Or is it OK to see each other 2 days in a row?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:04 AM

It's OK to do whatever you want, just enjoy and don't push anything. Let everything happen naturally, just don't question everything as if it has meaning. The more we look for a meaning in something the less we enjoy it.

Go out, enjoy each other's company and enjoy things together. Nothing wrong with that! Just have fun Luigi.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:05 AM

Go see her. Just don't get hot and heavy too quickly.

Aug 28, 2009, 10:24 AM

Well, looks like we going to spend some time together, we going to stay home and watch some movies and cuddle...

So I will do my best to resist her sexyness...
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
    well, looks like we going to spend some time together, we going to stay home and watch some movies and cuddle...

So i will do my best to resist her sexyness...
    Child Pleeze... :cool:

Aug 28, 2009, 11:12 AM

LOL, I know, that's how it is when you fall in love...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Have fun guy, just don't get carried away by her sexiness. Even if its not love, you can enjoy it!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 04:02 PM
    LOL, i know, that's how it is when you fall in love...
    S L O W L Y does it... you aren't in Love yet it's the infatuation stage. Don't blow it by being too available or smothering her.

Like the others have said just enjoy getting to know each other and remember the lessons you learnt from your previous relationship.

Good luck , because I'd hate to see you back here in a months time lamenting why it didn't work.
    Aehs01 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2009, 02:02 PM

I read this entire thread, good to see that time and NC has really seemed to help.

Nov 9, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehs01 View Post
    I read this entire thread, good to see that time and NC has really seemed to help.
    Yes it helped, what did not help is that every time I tried to get in a new relationship with a new girl and it failed, it brought me back to hating and thinking of my ex.

It made me feel like she screwed me up and I can't date any new girls seriously. Make sure you wait a little before you date again, I ended up hurting a lot of girls feelings cause I kept rejecting them. I tried to replace my ex with them and it did not work.

I decided to stay single for a while until I will be fully over her and ready to be with a special girl, hopefully my soulmate.

Good luck mate

Nov 9, 2009, 02:52 PM
    yes it helped, what did not help is that every time i tried to get in a new relationship with a new girl and it failed, it brought me back to hating and thinking of my ex.

it made me feel like she screwed me up and i can't date any new girls seriously. Make sure you wait a little before you date again, i ended up hurting a lot of girls feelings cause i kept rejecting them. I tried to replace my ex with them and it did not work.

i decided to stay single for a while until i will be fully over her and ready to be with a special girl, hopefully my soulmate.

good luck m8
    You know this may sound odd, but the first girl I really was in love with broke up with me and strung me along for a couple years.. torturing me. I never knew about NC and just kept trying to make it work always getting hurt.. finnally I got so f'ed up I sent her a long message to never talk to me or think about me ever again. A year or more goes by and we go out to dinner and hangout a couple times, at this point I was over her but still in some way would have liked to see us work it out (crazy at this point I know) but you know because I was over her and could actually hangout with her and say to myself.. wow this girl really sucks! Instead of being a big sap over the whole thing I think I finnally had my closure with her. Then a couple months later I ended up meeting the next girl... every girl before that I would always think about my ex.. It just takes time it seems.

Nov 9, 2009, 03:51 PM

Wow, you had guts to see her again and go out for dinner with her. I could never do that with an ex. Once it's over and I know she been with other guys I cannot go back. Must be a territorial thing I have.

So basically you guys were hanging out again a year after the breakup? And you realized she wasn't a catch after all. If it helped you get over her, good for you man.

My ex tried to string me along too by asking me to be casual with her (friends with benefits). I refused because I know once you go into that zone you are trapped in an endless labyrinth of mind games.

Once she says '' No '' to the relationship you must disappear forever until she changes her mind and if she doesn't it's just too bad for her, she is history and it's her loss. Yes it's hard to just disappear and forget about someone you loved and shared amazing moments with, but in the long run it's less pain than if you stay as her 2nd option. She will just use you until she finds a better candidate.

Makes sense?

Nov 9, 2009, 04:08 PM
    wow, you had guts to see her again and go out for dinner with her. I could never do that with an ex. Once it's over and i know she been with other guys i cannot go back. Must be a territorial thing i have.

So basicly you guys were hanging out again a year after the breakup? and you realized she wasn't a catch after all. If it helped you get over her, good for you man.

My ex tried to string me along too by asking me to be casual with her (friends with benefits). i refused because i know once you go into that zone you are trapped in an endless labyrinth of mind games.

Once she says '' No '' to the relationship you must dissapear forever until she changes her mind and if she doesn't it's just too bad for her, she is history and it's her loss. Yes it's hard to just disappear and forget about someone you loved and shared amazing moments with, but in the long run it's less pain than if you stay as her 2nd option. She will just use you until she finds a better candidate.

makes sense?
    Yeah I guess I just have always talked to all of my exes. I don't hangout with any of them, but to be honest this girl was different for some reason.. just the way I felt about her and everything. She hurt me pretty badly and I pretty much nagged on her a lot and made her feel like a piece of sh*t.. She admits now she knows she was.. she was 18 then and is 22 now. She is like completely different on a maturity level.. she has a boyfriend currently and I talk to her on occasion but we really don't hangout.. I just enjoy that I can talk to her like a normal person now because we are both over it. I know it will never be what it once was but I care about her as a person.

My bigger dilemma is I'm now on NC with another girl I dated for a few months.. it's been a month today, I'm wondering if I'll be actually talking to her again after a long time passes. I'd hope if she's half a person we will put everything behind us just like I did with my old ex and be able to once again talk.. despite all the bs that has recently happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 months no contact, not getting anywhere [ 41 Answers ]

Its been 3 months now since me and the girl I was seeing split up. I've stuck by the no contact rule and it is her that has initiated any contact. She emailed me 3weeks ago to say sorry again and gave me the excuse that her head was screwed up and she needed time away from guys. I said I was...

Getting my ex girlfriend back. The pain of NO CONTACT [ 35 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I were together for a little over 2 years and things were starting to get a little repetitive. I felt like I was getting in to deep and at 21 was worried that I was going to waste away my youth with one girl. (I know that sounds pathetic but it was my thinking at the time)...

X Girlfriend is Back in Contact - CONFUSED what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I went 8 months with no contact with a woman who broke up with me after 2 years of dating with no fights biggest problem was a long distance commute of 4 hours that we neither of us could do anything about at the time and her desire to move to a different part of the country. So she broke...

View more questions Search