Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyslack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Are there any grants for exfelons
    I was released for prison on 08/30/2007. And I recently lost my job after being released from jail now I am homeless ,is there any help for me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 02:42 PM

There may be grants to non profit groups that can provide you job training, or shelters for homeless.

There are grants given to groups like united way, goodwill and others that can offer some help.

There are grants to private non profit groups in many areas that do various type of help with the homeless.
    Some you may not qualify for depending on what type of crime.
    And there can be grants to go to college
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Your best chance of getting assistance and plugged into any programs is to go to the local Men's Homeless Shelter in your area. Also check with Advocates for Homeless organizations, Habitat For Humanity also may help.
    You may want to visit if they have these community groups in your county also
    Religious Coalition
    Community Action Agency
    If you have either of these in your county they will be able to offer you the best information regarding programs in your area.
    I will be honest though for men it is so hard to locate helpful programs.

The best thing you can try and do is find a bed at a shelter and try to get a job even if it is a day labor job and bank your money to get a place and look for a permanent position while doing it.
    I do know that many places have Advocates for homeless organizations that offer programs to help people get on their feet Also local Churches may offer programs as well

I do believe that they allow Single Men the option to apply for cash and food stamps for 3 months (that is MD each state may vary programs) You can at least possibly get a start with that Also they offer security deposit assistance if you get a job and get some money saved they will help with a security deposit.

It really depends on state and county you are in and what type charges you had as well.

Good Luck
    USSOVEREIGN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyslack View Post
    I was released for prison on 08/30/2007. And I recently lost my job after being released from jail now i am homeless ,is there any help for me?
    This the above is not me who typed it, but may I ask, WHAT IS REDEMPTION and would it affect receiving any Federal-Grants?
    USSOVEREIGN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 05:19 AM

What is REDEMPTIONand would It affect in qualifying for Federal-Grants?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 06:11 AM

Redemption within criminal record is not a term that I am familiar with.
    You may get a record explunged after 8 to 10 years and then it will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GED Grants [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a such thing as a GED grant ?

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Gov. Grants [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone Know how I can apply or find out info. About Gov. grants without having to visit a website, fill out the info and wait for my CD which I have never received.

Gov grants [ 5 Answers ]

Is there government grants for convicted felons that are not minorities?

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a barber so I need to attend barber college. My wife and I are poor. Does anyone know how I might find a Grant to attend Barber College?

View more questions Search