Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pretty Waters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Is there a quicker way to get on the section 8 programs?
    In Kansas City Kansas, the waiting list is 3 to 5 years and the housing authorities priorities I do not qualify for I am not disable,homeless or working at this time I am in school. I have heard of if a person have a voucher and they chose not to have it and I resided with
    A person that have a voucher I can then have that voucher transferred into my name. I don't know anybody willing to do that, YOU KNOW I WOULD PAY some one for there voucher because the rent where I am now is a bit high can you answer my question?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 05:43 PM

Of course paying for the voucher is illegal.

And if the person with the voucher is living with you, they have to report it and your income as part of the household income.

But no, here in Atlanta the waiting list is 2 years for section 8
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 21, 2009, 09:35 AM
    I waited for over 9 years here in Maryland to get a County voucher. The city vouchers are usually pretty quick though. I also once I got it could not use it due to credit being messed up Thanks to my "loving" ex (long story)
    Have you checked to see if there are any private Section 8 landlords in your area?
    For instance a complex that rents Only to those who have low income status?
    I live in one of those and it took me 6 months after adding my name to get my place. I am disabled though but I had a friend move in the same time and she is not so I doubt my disability played a role in that.
    As far as your living with someone and taking over a voucher that is at least here in MD for Family only meaning because my oldest Son who is 22 lives with me and is on my lease as second head of household if I should die he would be able to stay here and raise my youngest. (since I am battling a life threatening illness that is a good things and why that is possible)
    The things you are talking about are Illegal as said and in all honesty that will not only mess up the person who had the original voucher but will prevent you and them from ever getting housing assistance again. Believe me the way housing prices are rising you do not want that

I am curious though if you already have a place to live because obviously you do or you would be homeless in a shelter and not be worried because you would be fast tracked into a slot.
    Why if you have a place to live are you in such a hurry to get into subsidized housing?
    Just put your name on the list update it each year and you too will come up for yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More quick way to gain good biceps/triceps? [ 8 Answers ]

Around 2 months ago I bought a new bench for weights, on top of that I bought the two bars a curl, and a straight and a load of weights. From this I have been working out twice a week concentrating mainly around the arms occasionally the stomach. Over a few months I have seen diffrence but very...

Section 145 [ 2 Answers ]

What is under Law Act No 145

View more questions Search