Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slf956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Negative Urine Test
    I have been on 15mgs mehtadone,7.5/750Vicocdin and 320mg Soma for 5 years, I take my medications faithfully, When I went to the DR. They did a random urine test, no problem, I've had them before, for some reason this one come back not showing Vicodin or Soma, I can't figure out why. I take them as prescribed. I'm 57 had cervical spine surgerey from C3to C7 two rods on each side of my neck and a plate. The nureosurgeon told me I'd be in Chronioc pain the restof my life, BOY was he right. But now I feel my DR. feels I'm a seller or something, I don't like being categorized like that. These DR's need to look at the ones that they hand out and are being sold. I'm so sick about this. What could have caused my test to show negative when I take my medications? Does any one Know? Thanks A Bunch slf956:rolleyes:
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 04:34 PM
    It had to be a mix up in the labs nothing else could cause it if you are taking them as prescribed
    I would ask them to retest that sample.

Good Luck I can so relate I too deal with major chronic pain and am on Methadone for it. I have tried many other meds but so far this has been the one thing that has helped
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 05:01 PM

I have to agree with Lilbay, it's probably a mix up.

Story: A few years ago my daughter had an extremely high fever, went into convulsion and ended up passing out. We called an ambulance and she was rushed to the hospital. While there they took blood work and urine samples. She started to feel better and they sent us home.

The next day they called and told us that she had a staph infection, that she was in great danger and to bring her back immediately. She was fine, her fever was down, she was playing and eating, I told them that, they seemed confused, she should be extremely ill with a staph infection.

We brought her in, they did more tests. It turns out that the blood work was mixed up with someone else.

So, go back, ask for another screen. These things happen sometimes.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Negative urine test possible? [ 1 Answers ]

After consuming a liter of vodka over a ten hour period consumed with many foods, how long would it take for a urination test to be negative?

52 days - negative urine test and no period [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im 24 and usuallly have normal periods(30 days)... the last time I had my period was on 7th June... I have been married for 6 months and am not under any contracaptives. I have been having frequent headaches and cramps like I have before I get my periods... I have done several HPT's and...

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Missed Period one negative urine test! [ 9 Answers ]

Well, my last period was on February 12, 06, it is now April 10 and nothing. I went on vacation to see my boyfriend from March 12 to the 17, on March 15 I had discharge with a string of blood, and that was it. I have sore breast , cramping but no period. I took a urine test at home two weeks after...

View more questions Search