Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaynes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Deceased person credit card
    My boyfried just passed away 2/13/2009.. he has credit cards and his mother took his american express charged his death notice on it paid her cable bill and her medication with it I feel this is wrong! She wants to pay the bill with his last paycheck pretty pathetic my boyfriend is gone and he is paying for his own Obituarie.. what do I do?
    mucks4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
    She is breaking the law unless she ia an authorized user of his card. She sounds pretty lowlife to me. Amex should have some sort of life insurance policy built into his account. I would let Amex Know what she did and let them handle it. Sorry about your loss.
    jaynes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 08:21 AM
    She is not on the account.the bill is now over $1000.. 00. The day he died she had my son-in-law call his job for all the ins that he had.it's sad how greedy people get when someone dies
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 10:45 AM
    I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that my prayers are with you.
    The last paycheck did it go to his Mother? I am assuming you are not married and that it will as she is next of Kin.
    So there is not a lot really that can be done as sad and low as it is she is the Mother and well sadly can do what she pleases. No matter how bad it was.
    This also goes for his credit cards that he may have before passing and any she may have opened in his name after his passing (I have seen it done :( )
    You can contact as stated the Credit card company and let them know. If you have a copy of the death certificate(you should be able to get one may cost 10.00) Fax it to the Credit card company I would also send it to all three of the credit reporting agencies.
    This will prevent any further playing with this mans name or credit.
    Other than that though I would keep his memories alive in your heart and deal with your loss as best you can. Please know that time does heal. I know it may seem that the pain will not ever leave but I can assure you it will. I lost my daughters father right before she was born. It sent me over the edge in more ways than one.

Good Luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 04:27 PM

Well for the insurance it will go to who ever is listed in the policy and them only.

Did you consider calling the credit card company and informing them when he did
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2009, 05:42 PM

Do you know the account number on the AMEX? Whether you do or not, I would definitely report it. I think AMEX will pursue fraud charges

AMEX will, more than likely pur

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a deceased persons credit card, but not just that. [ 12 Answers ]

This is a long story. My father passed away in September of '06. Years ago, he opened a credit card (Visa) and put me on as an authorized user. I have a card with my name on it, but I am not to my knowledge, considered "an owner" of the credit line. To that point, I have tried to call them many...

Credit card debt/deceased grandmother [ 15 Answers ]

This might get long,but I want to fully explain so there's no confussion. My grandmother had some credit cards,some with a balance some not. I thought I called them all after she passed,however there was I one I found when I did a credit report for myself. My friend and I had wanted to open a...

Deceased credit card debt [ 6 Answers ]

Is a surviving spouse responsible for deceased spouses credit card debt if their name wasn' t on the account?

Credit depts of a deceased person [ 3 Answers ]

My mother died and se had two credit cards totaling 22,000.00 I will not be selling her home because I have a mentally challenged brother (47) years old who will be living in the home with me until he dies. The collection company tells me I have to either sell the house mortgagr the house or pay...

Credit Card of the deceased! [ 2 Answers ]

My grandmother is 86 years old. My grandfather had a credit card only in his name and he passed away in 2002. The credit card company started hounding her for the money and took her to court. They had told her that if she sent a copy of a death certificate that they would close the account and...

View more questions Search