Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomhhc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 12:02 PM
    System losing pressure
    Twice in the last 2 weeks I have lost all water pressure on my system.On both occasions I have had to manually restart the pump.would this be a pump or pressure control failure?The system seems to run wel then all of a sudden no water.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhhc
    twice in the last 2 weeks I have lost all water pressure on my system.On both occasions I have had to manually restart the pump.would this be a pump or pressure control failure?The system seems to run wel then all of a sudden no water.
    Having to manually start the pump would seem to put the problem in the pump control box. As the pressure drops the control should have kickerd the pump on. The pressure lose can be a faulty check or foot valve or a hidden leak. To check to see where, pump to pressure, shut off the valve that supplies the house and sprinkler system if you have one. Now shut the pump off and watch the gage. If it falls the leak's in the check/foot valve. If it remains steady your leak will be found in the house or water service. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Water Pump Losing Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

My water pump (3/4 HP), which is at least 5-10 year old has lost the ability to retain pressure. I thought it might be the pressure tank, however, I turned off the feed from the pump to the pressure tank and it still lost pressure. This makes me believe that the pump is the problem. I draw water...

Losing Water Pressure in Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Help - I have a 2 story house w/ basement. I also have well water. Suddenly the water pressure in the master bathroom has gotten very low. We just replaced the shower head and took out the water pressure valve, that didn't help. We turned the shower on w/o the head on and got a good flow of...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

Losing pressure in the shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single handle Kohler showerhead that is only about three or four years old. Recently, the pressure has dropped dramatically when the water is turned on. No other faucet in the house is having a problem. It is only that one showerhead. Any ideas?

View more questions Search