Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Mar 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Best time to plant veggies/berries
    We live in central Michigan. Instead of doing flowers in pots on the deck this year, I'd like to do veggies. I've decided on green peppers, peas, a tomato, and possibly a cucumber or two. I'd also like to do an everbearing strawberry pot. We have tons of sun on the deck, sometimes too much. What is the best everbearing variety that is easy to find? Also, if I am buying my plants at the nursery and not planting from seed, when should I purchase them and pot? I think the rule is not until after Memorial Day, but that seems really late to me. I tried to do a patio blueberry last year, but it failed to thrive. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know how to get the 5-10 veggies without actually eating veggies? [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone know an alternative to just eating veggies everyday? I will eat carrots, most lettuce, and sometimes green beans. Other than that, I can't STAND veggies. Or most fruit for that matter. But I know it's important to my health to eat that stuff. Any suggestions?

What to plant this time of year? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am in charge of a memorial garden this year in a organization I am a part of. I am a hard worker, but I have no intense horticultural experience. The garden has not been maintained in the past, and plantings only last about a month. I have to sponsor at least two events to plant, weed, and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.