Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Mar 7, 2009, 10:21 AM
    How should I go about doing this.
    So for the past couple months I've been seeing this girl from school. She's really cool and all and I like hanging out with her. We have been having a on the side kind of relationship and I told her that I wasn't really ready to date anyone. She has really been pushing for us to date. A few days ago my ex and I were talking about hanging out again and maybe trying our relationship again. Now I'm not the type to try and play a girl so I want to be up front with the girl I've been seeing and tell her that I can't do this any more. I don't think I should tell her about my ex cause it might really hurt her feelings and make her feel like a second choice ( which I don't see it like that because I told her from the start I wasn't looking to date anyone at the time) how should I go about telling her that I can't be doing this anymore?
    mintah50 Posts: 46, Reputation: 9

Mar 7, 2009, 12:06 PM

Well it would seem like your trying to play other girl cause you said you are not ready to be in a relationship , maybe you meant your not ready to open up to a new girl.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Is this the same one who just broke up with her boyfriend in December/November?

You have said before how lonely you were, and how you wanted someone to hang with, so now that's what you got. So the ex is coming back in the picture, and you feel it's a choice to be made. First off back away from your new friend, and don't hang out as much. At some point you will have to be honest, and tell her you can't hangout because you want your g/f back, but look at it this way, if that doesn't work out, do you expect to just bounce back to your hangout buddy? That changes the minute you make a choice.

Be honest with yourself, and reread what you have written here already, before you make a final decision on your plan of action. Hate to see you lonely again.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Mar 15, 2009, 06:42 AM

Thank you talaniman.. yes it's a hard decision because of all the old emotions stirring up.. but I've come to a decision and I'm going to move slow with my ex and I told her why I wanted to move slow... and for the other girl.. I have been honest with her and told her that I have feelings for my ex and it wouldn't be fair to her to keep on hanging out at least until we can just be friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search