Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lillih Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Teen Sex
    Hello. I'm a 16 year old female and I have decided to join this Website because something is bothering me and I would like some answers.
    It is about me and my boyfriend. We are both virgins.
    Some night, we tried to have sex. Tried. That is right. We were so fine. Everything was just great... But it didn't work out. He just couldn't do it. And I don't see why. Now I keep thinking that something must be wrong with me or with him. I feel bad kind of bad... Like he doesn't want me anymore... because since then he never talked with me about it again.
    But is this normal? Do all males have this kind of "problem" in the "beginning"?
    Thank you. :o
    rippedinside Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2009, 02:21 PM

I'd personally think that it's probably his self conscience. Both of you being virgins, maybe he felt bad for not knowing? I'm not sure actually! I'd love to read others comments on this one. :D

I'm sure it's not you though, maybe it was simply the situation. Have you tried talking to him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillih View Post
    Hello. I'm a 16 year old female and I have decided to join this Website because something is bothering me and I would like some answers.
    It is about me and my boyfriend. We are both virgins.
    Some night, we tried to have sex. Tried. That is right. We were so fine. Everything was just great... But it didn't work out. He just couldn't do it. And I don't see why. Now I keep thinking that something must be wrong with me or with him. I feel bad kind of bad... Like he doesn't want me anymore...because since then he never talked with me about it again.
    But is this normal? Do all males have this kind of "problem" in the "beginning"?
    Thank you. :o
    This can happen to any male at any time. One name is "performance anxiety" which is exactly what it says--maybe because it was his first time, maybe because you two were in an insecure situation where someone could have interrupted you, maybe because he wanted it to be perfect and was overthinking it. And guys don't want to talk about stuff, especially stuff like this.

Mar 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rippedinside View Post
    I'd personally think that it's probably his self conscience. Both of you being virgins, maybe he felt bad for not knowing? I'm not sure actually! I'd love to read others comments on this one. :D

I'm sure it's not you though, maybe it was simply the situation. Have you tried talking to him?
    Hi. Thanks for the answer. :)
    No... I haven't talked to him about it because I guess he feels ashamed.
    And the truth is I don't know how guys face this... I don't know what guys may think...
    That is why I tried to avoid talking with him about this.
    I am afraid I might hurt him if I talk about this situation.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 02:32 PM

I would just like to say although you didn't ask... PLEASE USE PROTECTION.

Other than that it is fairly common for there to be a lot of anxiety the first time especially for boys.

They are expected to know what to do. Although I must add that you do not need to jump to sex as you are apprently not completely comfortable with each other yet.

Mar 6, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And guys don't want to talk about stuff, especially stuff like this.
    Hi Wondergirl... Thanks for the answer.
    Yea that is what I thought... :(
    But I don't see why they just don't talk about it.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the answer. :)
    No... I haven't talked to him about it because I guess he feels ashamed.
    And the truth is I don't know how guys face this... I don't know what guys may think...
    That is why I tried to avoid talking with him about this.
    I am afraid I might hurt him if I talk about this situation.
    This is another factor that you are not emotionally ready for sex because you don't feel comfortable talking it over with him.

Mar 6, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I would just like to say although you didn't ask... PLEASE USE PROTECTION.

Other than that it is fairly common for there to be alot of anxiety the first time especially for boys.

They are expected to know what to do. Although I must add that you do not need to jump to sex as you are apprently not completely comfortable with each other yet.
    Thanks for the answer. :)
    And about the protection... I'm sure that is one thing girls don't forget

Mar 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    This is another factor that you are not emotionally ready for sex because you don't feel comfortable talking it over with him.
    I avoid it just because I don't want to hurt his feelings.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Hi Wondergirl... Thanks for the answer.
    Yea that is what I thought... :(
    But I don't see why they just don't talk about it.
    Guys don't like to talk about ANYthing related to feelings. They want to talk about sports, girls, and cars, plus maybe food, school, and music.

Girls are the emotional ones who want to talk about feelings, who want to share, who want to figure out relationships. Guys are concrete thinkers and problem solvers for YOUR problems, not their own (because they don't admit to having any).

Just act normal and cheery, and be your usual self.

Mar 6, 2009, 02:56 PM
    The truth is it isn't easy to do that.
    But I'll work on it... :)
    Thanks Wondergirl
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
    The truth is it isn't easy to do that.
    But I'll work on it...:)
    Thanks Wondergirl
    The more you dwell on it and bring it up, the more he will be embarrassed and feel like he's inadequate.
    notluckygirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Mar 7, 2009, 03:10 PM

Maby he just can't and if it was the first time it will so hard you should tell him about htat and ask him y he stopted OK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to be a better teen [ 10 Answers ]

I just wanted to know how to be a be a better teen. I always seem to be bad to everyone and fight with my sister. Sarah-jayne

Teen sex [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I have NEVER had sex. I know that this is normal however I have a problem. I have a girlfriend of over a year and a half (She knows the days I just agree). She has talked to me about sex before and she has mentioned her curiosity. She will not talk to me about it directly. ...

How to be a better teen. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I be a better teen? :confused: and not be bad with my parents? my parents are divored since I was little... and I live with my mom and I want to be a better teen..

Pre-teen and ocd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My son is 12 years old (will be 13 in Feb 2008). We had a recent move across the state and he has developed mild ocd (obsessive compulsive disorder) symptoms such as frequent hand washing. I feel that this is in response to the move and also have read that the ages between 10 - 12 are when a...

View more questions Search