Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I have tried moth balls, shall we add this to the list?
    Well, I've heard of fun tricks with wintergreen mints, but I really don't think naphthalene moth balls are particularly exciting... they can leave contact burns if I remember right.?

Oops. Off topic again.
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 6, 2007, 06:31 PM
    OK... I had the same problem in my house with getting rid of the mice... the regular traps did not do the job... I swear they figured out the damn traps and I just ended up feeding them peanut butter every night...

Now what worked in our house is these new "eletric" traps... a little peanut butter on the inside and once they come in ZAP, one done little critter... safe for your dogs too, there's no way they are getting into that trap...

We got 8 in 4 days... and haven't seen any since...
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Okay folks, I know someone has an answer to this. I am having a problem with mice. They scare the bejezuz out of me. I can handle most anything, but they are fast and they have tails!!!:eek:

I have a two story house on a slab, all my food is in storage containers, house is always clean. I have tried everything from sticky traps, mouse traps, humane traps, and moth balls. I cannot seem to get rid of these critters.

All holes leading to the outside such as the dryer vent have either been sealed or critter-proofed.

I had them all winter and went through the summer fine. Yesterday I found one in my bathtub!!!:eek: This morning found one running through my bedroom!!!:mad:

These look like babies. I have no idea what to do, can someone please help me?:confused: I am a very clean person and rodents like these are known to harbor disease. Please I am desperate!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, cats are out of the question!!!!

J_9 -
    One thing that can help expedite the ridding of the rodent is to figure out where they are coming from. An old trick we used to do is put a paper plate in the middle of the floor with a dab of peanut butter on it. Then around the outer edge about 2 inches wide we would put a decent amount of flour on there. The mice will come for a treat and you can track them back to their entry and exit points. Of course the dog has to go outside for the night. We get them pretty heavy from time to time because our dog is part boxer and part pig. When she eats it flies everywhere. (She eats and sleeps in the third car garage but hangs with us in the house.) So we use that method in the garage and in the house. Then we set the traps close to the area they are entering and it gets them "gone" pretty quick...
    Good luck...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Why are cats out of the question? One good one can do wonders with mice... yummy!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Allergies tickle. That is the main reason why cats are out of the question.

Also, I have not had a problem with them since August. So, I am finally mouse free.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Okay folks, I know someone has an answer to this. I am having a problem with mice. They scare the bejezuz out of me. I can handle most anything, but they are fast and they have tails!!!:eek:

I have a two story house on a slab, all my food is in storage containers, house is always clean. I have tried everything from sticky traps, mouse traps, humane traps, and moth balls. I cannot seem to get rid of these critters.

All holes leading to the outside such as the dryer vent have either been sealed or critter-proofed.

I had them all winter and went through the summer fine. Yesterday I found one in my bathtub!!!:eek: This morning found one running through my bedroom!!!:mad:

These look like babies. I have no idea what to do, can someone please help me?:confused: I am a very clean person and rodents like these are known to harbor disease. Please I am desperate!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, cats are out of the question!!!!
    You could always get a snake!!

I have one for rent!!

((((J-9))))

KBC
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2008, 07:41 AM
    I had a snake for a while... unfortunately, it ate to many mice, and got stuck in a hole...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mice [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best method of getting rid of house mice apart from killing them?

Mice in ceiling of semi-detached house [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for being an expert. I am a new owner of a semi-detached house. I have heard very occasional skittering in my living-room ceiling and suspect mice. I have looked both on the outside and inside the house, but can find no obvious entry point. Could the mice be in the walls and/or coming in...

Mice [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best method of getting rid of house mice apart from killing them?

View more questions Search