Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liannes67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Hair care
    How do I dye my hair bleach blonde from black hair its been bleached before I need to now how do it from home and not by a salon can any one answer that for me lol x
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 07:54 PM
    You can buy a bleach kit at Wal-Mart/Target and a regular blonde dye. Do the bleach kit first then the next day do the blonde dye.

This is honestly a really bad idea, it'll probably fry your hair and your going to end up spending more money trying to fix it then you would spend at a salon.

My suggestion is save up your money and go to a salon. I'd rather do that than fry my hair.

MRS.S
    arnimal7 Posts: 96, Reputation: 11

Mar 7, 2009, 01:43 AM

Hi there, I have a few questions, first off the dark hair that you have, is it all natural color or has it been dyed? The reason why I ask this is because if was dyed 4 months ago lets say, the bleach can take different to different parts of your hair. Your roots could or will I should say lighter then the rest of your hair. Not to mention the damage your hair will have after. I personally would go to a salon to have it done, not only will they know how to handle it but they will no what to tone it to. You do underdstand that it will most likely take more than just one time to get it really light. I am a hair stylist, and if you were my client in my chair I would try to convince you to start slow. I would do a heavy weave all over. Each time you would come to me I would go heavier. That way your hair won't damage as much. Now what you can do is go to a salon like Ulta where they can give a free consaltaion, and ask them. If you are dead set on doing it yourself, which again I don't think you should, you can go to a beauty store like Sally's and get the bleach and 20V or 30V developer. Again I would go to a salon and have it done, because if you try to apply bleach to your own hair you will get spotting and missed sections. Save your money, even if you go to a Fantastic Sams. It's less than 75 usually depending. Pluss they can tone your hair, odds are you will need a toner. Well good luck and sorry it's so long.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 01:44 AM

Ya you're going to ruin your hair doing this.
    liannes67 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 10:35 AM

How much would it cost though from a salon to get it bleach blonde
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liannes67 View Post
    how do i dye my hair bleach blonde from black hair its been bleached b4 i need to now how do it from home and not by a salon can any one answer that for me lol x
    A lot of people on these forums have done it successfully by themselves. As a rule, they use color remover to get out the black before bleaching. In the past, colorists suggest simply to bleach the hair, but hair chemists recommend against it.

Bottle Blondes Board

The Going Blonde Message Board

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair care [ 4 Answers ]

Will my hair be completely ruined if I get it professionaly dyed from black to blonde?:confused:

Hair care [ 1 Answers ]

I had an old cellophane on my hair and, today I went to sallys beauty to buy a honey blonde hair color, I asked the cashier what removes red undertones and she gave me something to mix in with the developers. To make a long story short my roots are the color I wanted but my ends came out...

Best way to care for hair [ 8 Answers ]

My grand daughter is mixed, African American and Caucasian, Her other grandmother braids her sister's hair, saying it will make it grow. My baby has short curly hair. The texture is fine, but without combing it forms ringlets. We have been told to put baby oil in her hair, to help with dryness....

Hair Care [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is not growing long in childwood my hair is very long But now my hair is not growing

Hair care [ 1 Answers ]

Suggest me some natural recipie for hair growth

View more questions Search