Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosag330 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Directing a scene--Can't find a premise! The Other Shore
    I need help with a scene I am directing from the play The Other Shore by Gao Xingjian.

If anyone is familiar with this play-- has seen it, has read it, has performed it, has otherwise worked on it-- I am having trouble coming up with my premise (the message I as the director am trying to convey through the performance).

I have whittled my thoughts down to a message against group-think, communism (the playwright was living in communist china, which is why I felt this should be part of the message), and mob-mentality, but I also want to make mention of individuality and possibly enlightenment.

I can't seem to find the words to put it all together. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Want to find the movie this scene belongs to [ 1 Answers ]

I want to find the movie this scene belongs to. I remember it was toward the end of the movie and a girl rings a guys doorbell on her knees and punches him in the junk when he answers. I think it was revenge for something and that it was hilarious but I can't remember anything else!

Very Vague Description of scene in movie.. hoping to find title [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone name the movie this scene may have come from?. Two cops walk into an old house. A record player is playing, antiques decorate the front room. The cops are overwhelmed with pungent odor exuding from dining room... Upon entering they discover a family (older people) of rotted corpses ,...

I want to find out the name of the movie, but I only remember a scene from it [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I remember a scene where a little girl comes and sits on the lap of a man. The man has lost his memories, has a head injure, sits in a wheelchair. He likes the girl and in the end she tells him that he is her father. They rejoice. The action takes place during or after a war. The movie was...

Find Western movie with this scene: blood dripping into glass [ 1 Answers ]

Please help identifying this movie. A classic, perhaps black and white. The hero is looking for his opponent in the saloon. He notices blood dripping into a glass on the bar/table and realizes that his foe is upstairs, bleeding through the ceiling. Thanks:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.