Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scotslass Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 10:44 AM
    My puppy not feeling well
    HI

My puppy who is about 5 months old a cross between a great pyrenees and a belgian shepherd so he is a big boy.

Anyway this morning he's had diarrhoa, and has been sick a bit, but is just not his usual energetic self.

We are wondering whether he has got into something in our back yard, we have had the sewer line dug up as we had a leak, and some of the earth is still up, the problem is before we knew it was a sewer line problem, we just thought it was a blockage we have been putting drain cleaners etc down them, and wondered whether he may have swallowed some of this while he's been digging in that part of the yard,
    I need to know what I can give him to make him feel better

Thanks

Mar 2, 2009, 10:45 AM
    My 5 mnth old puppy is not well need advise
    HI

My puppy who is about 5 months old a cross between a great pyrenees and a belgian shepherd so he is a big boy.

Anyway this morning he's had diarrhoa, and has been sick a bit, but is just not his usual energetic self.

We are wondering whether he has got into something in our back yard, we have had the sewer line dug up as we had a leak, and some of the earth is still up, the problem is before we knew it was a sewer line problem, we just thought it was a blockage we have been putting drain cleaners etc down them, and wondered whether he may have swallowed some of this while he's been digging in that part of the yard,
    I need to know what I can give him to make him feel better

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:05 AM

>> Merged two threads <<
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 2, 2009, 01:30 PM

If you are suspecting he has gotten into to chemicals, or into the sewer line, you need to get him to the vet ASAP! This could go very bad really fast. Please take him in. There are no home remedies that can help him here. He needs to get checked out by a professional.

Please keep us updated.

Mar 3, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Just an update on our puppy, he is 100% better, back to his usual self, whatever he ate or whatever was making him feel sick, worked its way out, he's back to eating, drinking and playing
    Thanks for the advice
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2009, 08:03 AM

Oh that's good, but did you take him to the vet or the problem went away by itself
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scotslass View Post
    Just an update on our puppy, he is 100% better, back to his usual self, whatever he ate or whatever was making him feel sick, worked its way out, he's back to eating, drinking and playing
    thanks for the advice
    Thanks so much for the update. I'm relieved that he's feeling better.

Mar 3, 2009, 08:13 AM
    The problem went away by itself, by the time I posted the original, he had stopped vomiting and only had a bit of diarrhea, so we were going to wait and see how he felt today, but last night he was a bit better, still had a bit or diarrhea not much, then this morning, he's up and about like his usual self you would never guess that he was sick yesterday, we will keep an eye on him next few days, but he's eating, drinking, so all looks good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

Puppy alone in crate or left with another puppy? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a puppy from a neighbor who moved. He is a 2mth Caring Terrier/Chichuaua mix. My other neighbor took his brother. My neighbor doesn't want her puppy to be alone during the day and wants him to stay in the crate with mine while we are at work. I don't think this is a good idea because he...

When is a puppy not a puppy anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Our Lhasa is now 10 months old. As a puppy we have had food available pretty much at all times, but maybe he's getting past that now, and for his weight should maybe only be fed about a cup to a cup and a half of his dog meal a day. We have been using Wysong, by the way, and it seems to have a...

View more questions Search