I cannot see my photos in all my folders
    And on my external I have stored.
    All they are showing is the
    Icon Internet Explorer as on the
    Screen. :confused:
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Mar 2, 2009, 08:56 AM

Try clicking View>Thumbnails

When you dbl click... does it open? What does it open with?

I would suggest getting IRFANVIEW (IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide) the Best frew photo view out there. During install, select photos to associate (not video/movies)
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 2, 2009, 01:36 PM

Sounds to me as if your associations got messed up hold ctrl+shift and then on the menu that pops up click run as... when the list comes up select windows picture viewer and select the check box that says Always use this program. This should solve your issue. Another solution is to do as the above post download a 3rd party program and ensure it takes ownership of your picture files so that they open with it.

Mar 3, 2009, 12:17 PM

Glad to help :) that trick is also useful if you want to open something with a different program that it doesn't normally use, in that case just make sure the checkbox is unmarked to use a different program one time(like if you want to open a .txt file in MS word for instance)
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Mar 3, 2009, 02:12 PM

I tried to understand what you meant by ctrl+shift, but do you mean right click on the file and choose 'open with'?

Mar 3, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cogs View Post
    i tried to understand what you meant by ctrl+shift, but do you mean right click on the file and choose 'open with'?
    Depending on how the file associations are set up you may or may not need to use ctrl+shift+ right click to get the open with command. Hope that clears it up some. And once you see open with choose other program(if its not listed) to find what you want to open the file with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you do this to a photo? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to figure this out for so long. There will be a picture at the bottom for an example. I was wondering how you could make it look like there are more then one you in a picture? LikeVVV He's not a twin (obviously, if you know who he is), but I don't understand how you can make...

Problems with CD Photo Burning [ 2 Answers ]

This is my second request for an answer. Please reply. When I try to burn photos to a CD, only half the image is copied and the rest is tinged in green. I recently upgraded to Vista. Is that the problem? Your answers are appreciated.

Club photo [ 6 Answers ]

I have all of my photo albums on a web sight called club photo & I can no longer bring up the sight. Has anyone else had this problem?

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

View more questions Search