Ask
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2009, 06:44 PM
    How do I get my drivers permit?
    How do I get my drivers permit in high school? what age,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 06:47 PM

Well where do you live ? The laws very by state. Next of course have you went to the DMV web site for your state ( if you live in the US)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2009, 06:47 PM

Depends on state laws. Does your school offer a driver's ed program? If not, check with your state's DMV, many have a website where the rules and process are listed.

Mar 1, 2009, 06:52 PM

Yea you can take drivers ed but my gym teacher told me I can't because I did'nt pass gym. I live in Virginia, I 'm from another country. Does any of those things matter?

Mar 1, 2009, 06:59 PM

If you are not a US citizen it may affect the process. If your scholl requires that you pass Phys Ed to take Driver's Ed then that's the way it goes (how does someone flunk gym?).

Here's the VA DMV site:
    Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Mar 1, 2009, 07:07 PM

Well in my school if u don't DRESS out which means dressing out of your normal school clothes you don't get a 100 for the class
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mexcelaya View Post
    well in my school if u don't DRESS out which means dressing out of your normal school clothes you dont get a 100 for the class
    Why not dress out if you're going to sweat up your regular clothes in gym class?

Mar 1, 2009, 07:11 PM

I mean if u don't dress out u can still play around... but u wount get all the credit

Mar 1, 2009, 07:13 PM

So why would you defy school rules if it means you don't pass?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 07:14 PM
    i mean if u dont dress out u can still play around.... but u wount get all the credit
    And you flunked gym?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 07:18 PM

Let me see they don't want to follow school rules and are worried about getting a drivers license,

So you will have to start following the rules and get to do the drivers ed program

Mar 1, 2009, 07:19 PM

Yea, and like we have 2 semesters and in each one we get 4 classes for 1 semester and then the other for the next semester. But when we haded to choose our classes for next year I wrote down that I wanted to take drivers ed but my teacher told that I failed gym so I could'nt take it. But that's weird because last year my friend failed it too and this year he took drivers ed!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 07:20 PM
    yea, and like we have 2 semesters and in each one we get 4 classes for 1 semester and then the other 4 the next semester. but when we haded to choose our classes for next year i wrote down that i wanted to take drivers ed but my teacher told that i failed gym so i could'nt take it. but thats weird because last year my friend failed it too and this year he took drivers ed!!!
    So did you ask why the difference?

Mar 1, 2009, 07:23 PM

No not yet but I'm going to this week
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Mar 2, 2009, 02:48 PM

One thought would be that if you won't follow the rules of the school system then perhaps you won't follow the rules of the highway.

Mar 2, 2009, 09:11 PM

Yea your probably right but any ways in the FUTURE it might changed, if it changes it will still be hard because I'm not a U.S. citizen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

64-bit Vista drivers and 64-bit XP drivers [ 7 Answers ]

Think of this situation as a 32-bit Vista Machine upgrading(term used loosely :D) to a 64-bit Version of Vista. Since maybe not all hardware on the 32-bit is 64-bit compatible, thus no drivers (which must be digitally signed) for operability. I have heard that for SOME of these devices that need...

Why are excellent drivers usually angry drivers? [ 12 Answers ]

When someone whizzes past me on the freeway, changing lanes and slipping between cars without slowing anyone down I think, "good driver." Riding in the same car with a person like this has always revealed that the person is frustrated and angry with everyone else. You may be different. When a...

How to own fa without permit [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to have a collection of guns with no ammo would I need a permit?

Pistol permit [ 3 Answers ]

I want to obtain a pistol permit... but there is a felony from 4 years ago on my record... is there any possible way to obtain one... and if not how about a shotgun... is it possible and if so how:confused:

Permit or No Permit Basement [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a basement, living room, bathroom, office. Nothing really complex, no loadbearing walls. I have a permit. My brother in-law is also building a basement with out a permit. I will have to pay more taxes when I am done, correct? What is the advangage of getting the permit.

View more questions Search