Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mexcelaya Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Will it be hard to become a vet in the future if your not a u.s citizen
    I really want to be vet when I grow up. I 'm really into all kinds of animals especially dogs. I know I'm still young right now but I was just curious to know if I could be one, because I'm from another country.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 04:05 PM

You have to complete high school and college and then find a university specializing in vet medicine to accept you. It requires a lot of dedication and disclipine and if you think you are up to all that work, the go for it. One of the best vet universities is in Ontario Canada at the University of Guelph Ontario

Mar 1, 2009, 04:20 PM

Thanks I try to do better in high school

Mar 2, 2009, 08:05 PM

But how many year 's in college?
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 2, 2009, 08:12 PM

Doesn't matter how many years, if your up for it then your up for it. I want to study and law and it's going to take me a lot of reading and work but as long as I succeed in the future then ill be happy. Im in 9th grade, I get amazing grades, I have all honor classes and hopefully I still get the grades I get and get into either Georgetown or if I don't, then hopefully in UM. But you have to first focus on high school and in your 11th and 12th grade start signing up for scholarships and such. Take AP classes also, those give college credits. Good luck!

Mar 2, 2009, 08:15 PM

Thanks but I'm still in the 9th grade too so I have to wait, but would it matter if I don't get good grades in the future?

Mar 2, 2009, 08:46 PM

Of course! Universities look at your grades from 9th-12th grade and now it's when it matters! If you want to succeed you cannot lay back now. You have to stay on task to do what you want to do. If you really want it, you have to care and try, Get involved in school as well, universities like to see a lot of community service projects and everything on resume's and transcripts.

Mar 2, 2009, 08:48 PM

OK I guess I kind of screwed RIGHT NOW, but no worries I will try better

Mar 2, 2009, 08:55 PM

What grades have you been getting? Just step it up and you'll be fine. Trust me. If you get bad grades one year and the rest you do really good, that won't be so bad. In Florida you can be able to get into FIU or NOVA or UM if you do amazing.

Mar 2, 2009, 08:59 PM

OH and by the way if you are not a U.S. citizen, I think by the time we get into college/universites, Our president Barack Obama would have already done something about immigration. And if not, you can get loans and everything else, I have a friend that her brother isn't a citizen and he goes to college like an international student. So if anything you can do that if the law hasn't passed. But I think it will. Hopefully it will, not all immigrants are bad people, they just want a better life in America.

Mar 2, 2009, 09:00 PM

Well do you have block schedule? Well we do it means we have 2 different semesters, each semester has 4 classes a day, next semester (the same) in the first semester I got a C, d+,f,f, this semester I got so far A+, C+, C, C-

Mar 2, 2009, 09:19 PM

Yeah I have block schedule in my school. I have 1,3,5 and 2,4,6. Yeah you REALLLLLYYYYY need to raise your grades.

For example, mine were something like

1st semester: A,A,A,A,B,B
    2nd semester: A,A,A,B,B,B
    3rd Semester (so far): A,A,B,B,B,B

I have to raise those B's up!

You have to raise those C's upppp! Those aren't adequate grades so try to raise them up asap!

Mar 2, 2009, 09:20 PM
    & I'm trying to motivate you so you can get better grades, trust me, like that in class you can say "I WANT THIS, I'M GOING TO DO ALL MY WORK!"

Study hard for tests and quizzes and do ALLL your homework!

If you have a hard subject you have trouble on, get tutoring!

Mar 3, 2009, 06:17 AM

OK thanks for the info. I look forward becoming a vet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search