sorry I forgot to put the values for the angl Q

:mad:
    All angls are measured anti clockwise from the x a-axis

F1=60N, F2=45N,F3=25N, F4=15N
    Q1=30, Q2=120,Q3=220, Q4=320
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 02:24 PM

For each force vector break it into its x- and y-components. For example, the first force is F = 60N at an angle of 30 degrees, so it's x-component is 60*cos(30) and its y-component is 60*sin(30). Do this for all 4 forces. Then add up all the x-component forces to get a total force in the x-direction - let's call that Fx. Then do the same for the y direction to get Fy. The resultant total force is the sum of these two perpendicular force vectors: the magnitue of F is sqrt (Fx^2 + Fy^2), at an angle of Q= arctan(Fy/Fx). Post back and let us know what you get.
    kgshobana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 03:32 AM
    Hi

U didn't mention whether the forces are tensile or compressive. If all the forces are tensile(i.e projecting outwards from the centre), the magnitude and the direction of resultant force for the given forces is 80.47 N and 63.25 deg respectively.
    V all know the magnitude can be found out by taking square root of squares of the given forces and the direction by taking inverse tan of vertical to horizontal forces. For that resolve the given forces into vertical and horizontzl components and find out its cumulative by considering positive sign for towards right and upwards and negative for towards left and downwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the Magnitude and Direction of Force one with the Resultant Given [ 14 Answers ]

Determine the magnitude and direction theata of F1 so that the resultant force is directed vertically upward and has a magnitude of 800N. 9925 I have difficulty of where to start the problem? Do I sum up the forces of the x axis with unknowns in it and forces of the y axis with the unknown...

Manitude and direction of resultant forces [ 1 Answers ]

1st, all angls are measured anti clock wise from the x-axis F1= 60, F2 = 45, F3 = 25, F4 = 15 ALL IN NEWTON.

Forces & Magnitude [ 1 Answers ]

A block of mass 2.50 kg is pushed 2.18 m along a frictionless horizontal table by a constant 17.0 N force directed 22.6o below the horizontal. Determine the magnitude of the normal force exerted by the table. And Determine the net force on the block.

Magnitude and direction of the resultant [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a high school physics course and NEED some help with this problem. Four forces act on a hot-sir balloon, Force upward= 5120N Force downward= 4050N Force westward= 1520N Force eastward= 950N Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant force...

Resultant vector of 3 forces [ 2 Answers ]

Find the resultant vector of this problem. A 15 N force pulls at 15 degrees. A 20 N force pulls at 95 degrees and a 30 N force pulls at 270 degrees.

View more questions Search