Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karle Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Bankruptcy in the UK
    I live in the UK with my husband and son. We are currently in an IVA. My husband has been out of work for 4 months and to add to matters the marriage is on the rocks.
    The house we own has negative equity in it. If we declared bankruptcy ( I want to go my own way with my son) would they still sell the house even though it is not worth what we bought it for? Also I have read that our bank accounts will be froze, would that be just the joint account, or would they also freeze my personal account? If they freeze our accounts how do we live? I have my wages paid into my account, and I was hoping to move into rented accommodation, how would I live? Also would they be able to take my car off me? It is worth about £200 but I need it for work as I am a mobile person?

Any help or advice on becoming bankruptcy in the UK ( the for and against) would be very very much appreciated. :confused:

Thank you in advance.

Karle

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

Bankruptcy [ 5 Answers ]

I could not afford an attorney. So I am my own attorney. Yes I know you have a fool for a client. I am not a real attorney. I filed for bankruptcy on Sept 19 2008 and I have had my trustee meeting on Oct 27 2008 when I got home from the meeting there was a letter from an attorney stating that they...

Bankruptcy or not? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter has recently come to me for advice. She is 27 yrs old, a single mom and has a good steady job. She, over the last 5 years, has aggregated $19,000. Worth of debt on two credit cards. She tore up the cards two years ago, and has been paying, as agreed with the card issuers, $100./mo....

Poa and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a POA for a relative, can you file bankruptcy for them - in order to wipe out all of their bad debts?

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Thank you for your replay about the foreclosure. If I have to pay the bank the difference between the sale price and what I owe in a foreclosure, What happen if I declare myself in bankrupt?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.