Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarrieChastain Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 11:28 AM
    How can I get pregnant before my husband deploys?
    I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month now, and it seems like I'm trying to hard. Does any one have any tips on getting pregnant fast?? My husband is leaving in July, so we would love to be pregnant before then like maybe June. I have been off my birth control since November. Wish us Luck! Thanks
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 27, 2009, 12:47 PM

The best was is to know your cycles. Do you know when you're ovulating?

If you're unsure, the "easy" way would be to get some OPK's and start testing yourself daily (follow directions carefully). That will help you narrow the window for intercourse timing.

For some women it can take several months after birth control for your body to be back to "normal". Good luck to you!
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 04:11 PM

I have been trying for almost a year, and I still haven't gotten pregnant! I have read many places that it takes the "normal" couple to get pregnant somewhere in between 6 to 12 months. I go next week to speak to my gyn, and hopefully he can give me more tips! Good luck! Also, you will notice as you go further along that people around you be starting to get pregnant here and there and everywhere, and it will start to hurt you, even though you are happy for them! Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant, even those people who don't need one! Just keep trying, and the people like us will eventually make it and get pregnant!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 12, 2009, 05:45 PM

Track your cycles. It worked for me twice now. It can take up to a year for a couple to get pregnant, try to relax and have fun.

Mar 12, 2009, 06:01 PM

I've also been tracking my cycles, and I have spoken to my gyno a couple of times already. Sorry, I forgot to put that in my message.
    phili28 Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Mar 15, 2009, 06:16 AM
    I'm no expert,

But we had been trying for 6/7 months and I had used the urine sticks to help me know when I was ovulating and checking my cervical mucous, with no results.
    I was ovulating and everything was normal.

I got emotional when we did not get pregnant month after month. I got so fed up I just said stuff it. I booked a holiday skiing. Which we know your not meant to do while pregnant, but I had stop trying.

That same month I said that was enough trying. We got pregnant.

10 weeks today

I think trying too hard and thinking about it constantly goes against actually concieving.

Try less hard, you might get lucky.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 06:46 AM

When my wife and I were trying to have our son, even tracking the cycles took us almost a year.

And of course for some it happens the first time they ever have unprotected sex.

Were you using some form of birth control prior ?
    Dreams of lies Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 12:41 PM

Find out when you are ovulating, and after sex about every time keep your hips elivated up in the air I know it sounds weard but I found that out online.

And good luck :-)

Mar 17, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phili28 View Post
    im no expert,

but we had been trying for 6/7 months and i had used the urine sticks to help me know when i was ovulating and checking my cervical mucous, with no results.
    i was ovulating and everything was normal.

i got emotional when we did not get pregnant month after month. i got so fed up i just said stuff it. i booked a holiday skiing. which we know your not ment to do while pregnant, but i had stop trying.

that same month i said that was enough trying. we got pregnant.

10 weeks today

i think trying too hard and thinking about it constantly goes against actually concieving.

try less hard, you might get lucky.

Thank you so much! I know I've got sooo mad here lately. Everyone I talk to is having a baby! But I think I'n just going to stop trying so hard. Thanks again. I'll let you know when I am.

Mar 17, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessirich View Post
    I have been trying for almost a year, and I still haven't gotten pregnant! I have read many places that it takes the "normal" couple to get pregnant somewhere in between 6 to 12 months. I go next week to speak to my gyn, and hopefully he can give me more tips! Good luck! Also, you will notice as you go further along that people around you be be starting to get pregnant here and there and everywhere, and it will start to hurt you, even though you are happy for them! Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant, even those people who don't need one! Just keep trying, and the people like us will eventually make it and get pregnant!
    Thank you so much for the support. Yeah Everyone is having a baby on base! I'm sooo MAD! Lol. But I am hurt. Yeah I think I'm just going to try to relax more. I think if I stop trying so hard it might happen but if I'm not by this time next year then I'm going to talk to my doctor.

Mar 17, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieChastain View Post
    Thank you so much for the support. Yeah Everyone is having a baby on base! I'm sooo MAD! lol. But I am hurt. Yeah I think I'm just going to try to relax more. I think if I stop trying so hard it might happen but if I'm not by this time next year then I'm going to talk to my doctor.
    I'll let you know what my gyno tells me! It stinks knowing that everyone else can do it.. even when they aren't trying! Good luck with it all!!

Mar 18, 2009, 03:31 AM
    I'll let you know what my gyno tells me! It stinks knowing that everyone else can do it..even when they aren't trying! Good luck with it all!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks again. I hope she tells you good news to here!

Mar 18, 2009, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    when my wife and I were trying to have our son, even tracking the cycles took us almost a year.

And of course for some it happens the first time they ever have unprotected sex.

Were you using some form of birth control prior ?
    O wow, Yeah I was using the pill, but I've been off the pill since Nov 08. But it could take longer for my body to get back to normal.
    SHM76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieChastain View Post
    Thank you so much for the support. Yeah Everyone is having a baby on base! I'm sooo MAD! lol. But I am hurt. Yeah I think I'm just going to try to relax more. I think if I stop trying so hard it might happen but if I'm not by this time next year then I'm going to talk to my doctor.

Hello,
    Just to add to what has been said already - please relax, do not be forceful - for it'll come naturally! First, try to have a good mastery of your cycles. Second, always let go of yourself during sex - doing this will help you open up sufficiently; enjoy it; feel happy with it - consider it as the most important thing! You'll be surprise at the outcome!

Cheers!

Mar 20, 2009, 08:16 AM

Hey! I spoke to my gyno, and he said that I need to make sure that I have sex with my husband on days 10-16 (start counting on the day you start your period), but not too much! He said that once a day, or even every other day will work, because you don't want his sperm count to go down while you are trying, you want it to rebuild every day! He also put me on prenatal vitamins, and I am to go back in 3 months if it hasn't happened, because he is going to do a sperm count test on my husband and do some tests on my tubes. I have been pregnant and had a miscarriage before, so he doesn't understand why it's taking me so long since that was almost 7 yrs ago!. Once again, good luck with everything! I hope you make it soon!! (oh.. I had another friend call me last night and tell me that she's 5 weeks pregnant... that make 7 friends and like a gazillion others around me!)

Mar 24, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Hey! I spoke to my gyno, and he said that I need to make sure that I have sex with my husband on days 10-16 (start counting on the day you start your period), but not too much! He said that once a day, or even every other day will work, because you don't want his sperm count to go down while you are trying, you want it to rebuild every day! He also put me on prenatal vitamins, and I am to go back in 3 months if it hasn't happened, because he is going to do a sperm count test on my husband and do some tests on my tubes. I have been pregnant and had a miscarriage before, so he doesn't understand why it's taking me so long since that was almost 7 yrs ago!... Once again, good luck with everything! I hope you make it soon!!! (oh..I had another friend call me last night and tell me that she's 5 weeks pregnant...that make 7 friends and like a gazillion others around me!)
    Hey again, yeah I been taking a prenatal vitamin for about 3 months. It makes me have sooo much for energy. Thanks you so much for the advice. Let me know how things go. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't trust husband and I'm pregnant, what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

If you are religious, don't forget that one thing that Jesus thought is to forgive. Forgiveness is essential for you to move on with life, with decision you take either to stay married and give it a chance or leave the marriage and ended. You can forgive the one the harms you and move on with...

My husband had an affair and she might be pregnant [ 12 Answers ]

My husband had an affair and now the girl might be pregnant. If she is pregnant, there is a 50/50% chance that it is my husband's because it might be her current boyfriends also. My husband and I are trying to work things out, he said this was the biggest mistake and he regrets it because they...

Pregnant Husband [ 13 Answers ]

Not sure where to have posted this. But for all you woman who keep saying to their hubbys that they wish they could go through pregnancy, I offer this: Pregnant husband - ParentDish

2 guys one not my husband and now pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

I found out that I was pregnant in January. Saw my Dr. on Feb 15,2008. She said that I was 9 weeks and my due date is Sep 18th, 2008. And that I conceived around the 26th of Dec. Now here is my problem. I slept with someone outside my marriage. It was either on the 1st or 8th of dec. I know I had...

My husband hates me now that I am pregnant! [ 5 Answers ]

Ever since my husband and I have known each other I have said I want kids, he said he was not sure. I left the relationship (before we were married) because he was not sure and I was that I wanted children. Well, over the next year, he changed his mind about kids and proposed. We got married and...

View more questions Search