Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patjohnston Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Cherry blossom
    Is it possible to resite a 25yr old cherry blossom tree ?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Feb 26, 2009, 02:07 PM

How big is the tree?
    patjohnston Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 07:06 PM

About 3.5m high and at full bloom posibly 4m across.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 06:04 AM

I don't think it is possible to relocated that tree, pat, you would lose too much of the root system doing so. It won't be enough just to recover the tap root, which the tree needs to survive and that is the main thick root going down several feet into the ground.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Feb 27, 2009, 01:28 PM

In my opinion... it can be done without a problem... 12ft is not that bit at all. But, I would hire it out. The root ball could be fairly big. But a root spade (I think that's what they call them) can just be backed up.. clamped in and lifted out

These come in small, medium, and GINORMOUS!!

This should be done in late fall or early spring while the tree is dormant
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 02:13 PM

well that's a great suggestion, static, but do you realize how much that would COST but it all depends on how much you value the tree. I for one would never move a tree that size.

tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curing our sick cherry blossom [ 6 Answers ]

We have a cherry blossom. It still has many flowers, but it looks like it is getting sick (I can post pics if needed) I am not sure but maybe fungus, anyway is there a way I can fix this without knowing exactly what is wrong with it? How can I get an acurate diagnosis On the net? workerbee...

Squash blossom artist? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large squash blossom necklace, left to me by my mother. It has the initials S.I.M. on it. Does anyone know the artist who signed/made it? THANKX!

Cherry Blossom Tree [ 1 Answers ]

I have a beautiful cherry blossom tree in my backyard. The tree is located in somewhat of a bad spot though. It hangs right over my deck... with parts over my grill area and close to the edge of my house. Since I have no green thumb or idea I am posting here for some help. I have to cut a big...

View more questions Search