Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenna Jutras Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 09:57 AM
    How do I further insultate my log home ceiling?
    I have a 25 year old log cabin with cathedral ceilings. I would like to add another layer of foam insulation and then cover with barn board. This will still leave exposed beams and keep the overall look the same. Any helpful ideas for this project?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 01:11 PM

Here is just an idea for you to consider. At 25 years old you may be in the market for a new roof just down the road. Eagle systems makes a insulated panel you can add to your old roof and then shingle over it. This is likely not a good DIY project but barm bopards and insulation on the inisde is way more work than you might think. I have tried it. Eagle Panel Systems: What's New

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Housesitting -- What to do about downstairs ceiling leak until someone gets home? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm housesitting for my parents and they're difficult to get in touch with due to being in another country. Their downstairs ceiling is leaking from one of two adjacent bathrooms upstairs. I've stopped using the upstairs bathrooms entirely and have a bowl / towels under the leak. Is there...

Moved into new home and ceiling fan or remote won't work. [ 5 Answers ]

I moved in and have a hampton bay ceiling fan in my dining room. The remote Control does not work or the ceiling fan doesn't. Inside of remote it says to remove Battery, reset transmitter and receiver to exactly match code number position, Reassemble and test. I changed battery but have...

Squirrel in ceiling and walls of my mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I have squirels in my ceiling and walls of my mobile home I hear them at night. They make a lot of noise gnawing. They run back and forth in the ceiling. I am so afraid that they are going to cause a fire. I read a lot of posts and the answers aren't really specific to my problem. How...

Hapmton bay ceiling fan SKU 293972 (Home Depot) [ 11 Answers ]

I have 2 HB ceilings fans , one of these start failing , first the 2 bulbs blowed, I changes , but the remote doesn´t work prperly (only fan can be controled) , now the 2 bulbs failed againg, you can smell "smoke" (like a short circuit) the remote doesent work ,but the fan works on High speed...

Leak from Ceiling in Mobile Home [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a leak that comes from the ceiling above when I turn on the water to take a shower. I can't find any leaks. Any ideas? I am at a loss! :confused:

View more questions Search