Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieLynn_31892 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Crohn's disease
    My very best friend is 17 years old and was diagnosed today with Crohn's disease. Neither of us know a whole lot about it. I was curious if anybody knew any information on it pertaining to teens. All of the info that we have found is for adults. She is 17, about 4'11 and about 70 lbs, give or take a few. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 09:07 PM

Teens With Crohn's Disease Website

Teens and Crohn's Disease

Crohn's Disease in Children and Teens Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment on eMedicineHealth.com

But more importantly, if she wants/needs more info, she should be able to talk to her physician.

Feb 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    Thanks for the links! They helped me to understand what's going on with her much clearer and I sent the links to her so she will know how to cope!
    tpeer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieLynn_31892 View Post
    My very best friend is 17 years old and was diagnosed today with Crohn's disease. Neither of us know a whole lot about it. I was curious if anybody knew any information on it pertaining to teens. All of the info that we have found is for adults. She is 17, about 4'11 and about 70 lbs, give or take a few. I dont know if that could have anything to do with it.
    Hi, I am a 15 and a half year old female with crohns disease. I no exactly how much pain she is in I only had only a few days to live. I am very sorry with how much pain she is in. What has helped me is a treatment. It is called remicade and she will also probably be on prednozone and a crohns medicine. I strongly recommend this. I was down to 92 pounds and could not stand for 2 minutes. I now have a lot of energy and am 100% better. She will not believe how much better she feels. It costs a lot of money and it takes at least 2 hours to get it but it is all worth it. Please do this for her! If you have any questions ask me ! I am very open to talking.

Mar 7, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeer View Post
    Hi, I am a 15 and a half year old female with crohns disease. I no exactly how much pain she is in i only had only a few days to live. I am very sorry with how much pain she is in. What has helped me is a treatment. It is called remicade and she will also probably be on prednozone and a crohns medicine. I strongly recommend this. i was down to 92 pounds and could not stand for 2 minutes. I now have a lot of energy and am 100% better. She will not believe how much better she feels. It costs alot of money and it takes at least 2 hours to get it but it is all worth it. Please do this for her! if you have any questions ask me ! i am very open to talking.
    Thanks so very much for the help and I will be sure to inform her on the differeent types of medication she can use and I also want to say thanks to you because it's nice to know that a teen like me and her is willing to help and it means even more that you have been diagnosed with Crohns

Mar 7, 2009, 08:26 PM

Its no problem at all thank you for helping her though this. It is a horrible disease. Please tell me if she gets it and if she is doing better. If you don't I will understand why

Mar 7, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeer View Post
    its no problem at all thank u for helping her though this. It is a horrible disease. Please tell me if she gets it and if she is doin better. if u dont i will understand why
    I'm not positive what medication she is on as of right now but I know she was diagnosed on a Wednesday and when I saw her that Friday she was already full of energy and happy again. It was sad because before the medication I saw her everyday tiered and upset and she was a cheerleader and always happy until she started having the pain! But thanks so much again!! I will let her know those names though :D
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 08:33 PM

This is not specific to teens. But doctors have had success treating people with Crohn's disease with intestinal parasites, in many cases resulting in complete remission. This sounds weird, but it actually works and biologists predicted this might work decades ago. Nobody tried it until a few years ago.

Worms for Crohn's Disease - Drugs.com

BBC NEWS | Health | Parasitic worm hope for Crohn's

Mar 7, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieLynn_31892 View Post
    I'm not positive what medication she is on as of right now but i know she was diagnosed on a Wednesday nd when i saw her that Friday she was already full of energy and happy again. It was sad because before the medication i saw her everyday tiered and upset and she was a cheerleader and always happy until she started having the pain! but thanks so much again!!! i will let her know those names though :D
    Yea I had it for 4 years and did not no I am a softball pitcher, basketball player, track, and anything else. So I am very active. And I quit basketball track and was going to quit softball. Softball is my life and now I am doing amazing. That is great that she has energy and happy. Thank u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crohn's disease [ 7 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with a Rota Virus and given the appropriate drugs and diet advice. I finish my course of drugs today and while on them have had no diarrhea or other symptoms. However, in the last 3 days I have had a very painful elbow, with very limited movement. And now that this has...

Crohn's disease [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what foods are best to eat.With crohn's disease.

Crohn's disease [ 2 Answers ]

What Is Crohn's Disease?

Crohn's Pregnancy 2nd Opinion [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has Crohn's Disease that was just recently diagnosed (in the past year) and was slow in responding to medications (6MP and Prednizone). Obviously she will have to go off the 6MP before we have kids (she is already off the Prednizone). I have been asking her to get a second opinion from a...

View more questions Search