Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetBeth Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Leaking colostrum?But I got a negative result,confused.
    Think I might be preganant, but really confused to what is happening to me. This would make my second child. My breasts are really sore and enlarged, which could happen even if I were getting ready to get my period, but I am now 4 days late and my breasts are leaking colostrum. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both saying negative. But if I was, I would be early in pregnancy and just confused to why I would be leaking colostrum and getting a negative result? Can someone produce colostrum and not be pregnant? Has this ever happened to anyone else before?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 09:30 AM

Yes, it happens... especially after having had a child. Hormone changes in general can cause it, as well as pregnancy. Give your period another week or so to show up. Take another test at that time if necessary or you could wait until your next period is due and check then.

If you find that you are not pregnant, check with your doctor if it continues. Some situations that can cause it can make becoming pregnant more difficult if you were to decide you wanted another child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking colostrum?Confused. [ 2 Answers ]

Think I might be preganant, but really confused to what is happening to me. This would make my second child. My breasts are really sore and enlarged, which could happen even if I were getting ready to get my period, but I am now 4 days late and my breasts are leaking colostrum. I have taken 2 ...

2 missed periods but negative result [ 2 Answers ]

I have had two missed periods but am getting negative pregnancy results. I am getting regular cramping sometimes severe cramping. My lower back hurts and I feel really weak and dizzy most of the time. I have no energy and cannot understand what is happening. My lower abdoman keeps going tight and...

Two weeks late and negative result. [ 17 Answers ]

So I'm 19 and I have now missed my period for two weeks, I have symptoms such as really tired, cramping in my lower back, headaches, feeling sick to my stomach. I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. What are the chances I'm pregnant.

I Think I'm pregnant but Negative result [ 6 Answers ]

I am 20 and on BC for five years but my last week break (end of october) my period was very light with hardly any pain which is not normal for me that making my last 'normal' period the middle of September I may have been unprotected when had tummy bug at the end sept beginning of oct and now have...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

View more questions Search