Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Scary stories?
    I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
    I do not know if you would consider this scary, but last year, my Dh and I had a pretty bad argument. It lasted an hour and he left to go to work. He uses a bike. This was around 3:45pm. So I was still upset and I laid down on our bed. I'm in the basement room of the house we share and we have our own private entrance. Around 4, I hear our entrance door open and I think, "oh, he's come back to talk" since he has done that before. So I don't get up, and I stay on the bed, facing the wall. I hear our bedroom door open and his keys drop onto the desk. I hear his chain wallet come off and then footsteps over to the bed and the sinking in of the bed, This is where I turn to face him, and noticed, I'm still alone. No Dh, no keys, no chain wallet and the bedroom door is still closed. Almost immediately I call his job. He's at work. I didn't tell him why I called. That scared the living bejesus out of me. Later I ended up going to see him and he said he wanted to apologize to me once he had gotten to work. Maybe part of him did.
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 07:36 AM
    OoooOOOo nice story.
    NightAlone Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2006, 04:32 PM
    That's ironic, hah.
    Kyo_of_Dir_en_grey Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Well once my uncle tols me a story about when he was little. He had moved into a new house with his mother and brother. All the time he could hear loud thuds and bangs right below his room. The house he lived in at the tiime was a duplex, in where one group of people live upstairs and another downstairs. He knew not what to do so he told his mother, and the she was totally ignored him and told him that he was crazy. After about a week of hearing bangs,thuds,scraping and soft whispers he called his friend. The friend he had called was VERY into paranormal things I guess and knew of a trick to better understand what they were looking for. He said that they hung up a rod in the attic with a curtain attached to it then wrote the alphabet on the floor in chalk. They would ask a question and the curtain would move to various letters, it took a long timie and the sentence was choppy but they got out of it "live here". The next morning the people downstairs were repairing the door. He did not understand until he saw it lawing at the side of the road that night. Huge chunks were missing from the front of it and it was totally ruined. Beside the door he fould 4 small daggers and a large mashete((I have no idea how to spell that XD)) it seemed to have dried blood on the handle of it. The next morning he asked the neighbors why the door have been so cut up and why they threw out their knives. The said that the man that lived there before them liked to throw then at the door. He realized that that was the loud thuds he heard below his room, the sound of the knived hitting the door. She proceeded to say that the mand killed himfelf by cutting his wrists and ankles and hanging himself in the kitchen. She said that she has to replace the flooring as well because the blood had deteriorated the glue.

Creepy
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2006, 05:31 AM
    I've lived with my mom pretty much all of my life. Over the last years she has been ill and she finally passed away a few months ago. My mom was always the type to be prepared and have everything ready before hand, but when she passed she left a few important things unfinished. I knew that my mom;s time was coming soon but I had the bad feeling that that day wasn't her day to die, that something happened and she was taken early. Over the next few days things in the house started to feel really weird. We felt like we were being watched a lot and usually you can tell when a spirit is in the room with you (Smells, tempurature changes, etc) and often we were not alone.

The 3rd night after my mom passed Me, my sister, her son and her daughter were upstairs, on the second floor, getting ready for bed and we were talking. The stairway light (to the first floor) was left on and my Sis asked her daughter to go turn it off. She got halfway there and she froze then she started to cry and turned around and ran back and said she couldn't. So I went to do it and I froze in about the same spot. My mom's room was on the other side of the stairway and something felt so cold... When I looked into my moms room I saw what looked like the Grim reaper staring out at me. This horrible feeling came over me... But I went and shut the light out anyway and then I asked my niece what happened and she told me that she saw something and what she described was exactly what I saw.. I don't scare easily.. and I am not even afraid of death.. but that was not something I want to see again
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 14, 2006, 06:04 AM
    My grandpa has told me this story ever since I was little about his mom. When my grandpa was little, he and his parents lived in the "back woods" of Missouri, their nearest neighbor was 5 miles down an old dirt road. Well after my great grandparents stopped having children, they didn't sleep together any more. My great grandma slept on a cot in the living room.
    Anyway, if you stepped out of the back door to the house, the yard slopes off for about 50 yards, and goes down directly to a creek. One night my great grandma woke up to something banging on the back door. So she tried to peek out of the curtains but it was too dark. So she flipped on the back porch light and swung open the door. And there staring at her was this little grizzly looking man. She said he looked up at her and then hunched over and ran back towards the creek.
    They never saw him again or figured out where he came from.
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Jan 8, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JuLee
    I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)
    I think I've been haunted for my entire life or as long as I can rember I've been a paranormal magnet everything on my top shelf of desk has been swept off in a diagnal way as if someone has swiped with there arm and once it was about 7:30 PM and all of a sooden I shiver like I usually do when a spirit aproches me and I was walking home and I go this weiord feeling like someone is waching you but then it felt like some one was steping on the back of my foot when I turned around no one was there it still bothered me so I checked if there was any gum nope and then I asked my friend if she felt like someone was waching us just to make sure it wasn't my head then when she wanted I screamed run the truth is it was probably the same ghost that causes all this creepy stuff since I was little and the one I sometimes I see him in meiors
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 19, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Nice story dragonfire, I couldn't sleep!

Mar 20, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Here's another I have to sit next to philip twice that's enough to make any kid at my schoool scream

Mar 20, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire24
    I've lived with my mom pretty much all of my life. Over the last years she has been ill and she finally passed away a few months ago. My mom was always the type to be prepared and have everything ready before hand, but when she passed she left a few important things unfinished. I knew that my mom;s time was comming soon but I had the bad feeling that that day wasn't her day to die, that something happened and she was taken early. Over the next few days things in the house started to feel really weird. We felt like we were being watched alot and usually you can tell when a spirit is in the room with you (Smells, tempurature changes, etc) and often we were not alone.

The 3rd night after my mom passed Me, my sister, her son and her daughter were upstairs, on the second floor, getting ready for bed and we were talking. The stairway light (to the first floor) was left on and my Sis asked her daughter to go turn it off. She got halfway there and she froze then she started to cry and turned around and ran back and said she couldn't. So i went to do it and I froze in about the same spot. My mom's room was on the other side of the stairway and something felt so cold... When I looked into my moms room I saw what looked like the Grim reaper staring out at me. This horrible feeling came over me... But I went and shut the light out anyway and then I asked my neice what happened and she told me that she saw something and what she described was exactly what i saw.. I don't scare easily.. and I am not even afraid of death.. but that was not something i want to see again

When I was really little I looked out my window to try and name cars I wasn't so good at reading but I knew what each brand car simble was I had good eye sight then so I could see really far back then when my eyes were passing over the sand lot I saw that something was not right when I looked out I saw a cloacked figure with that really large reaping thing with a sceleton had it appeared almost transparant I ran out of the room scraming my mom asked me what was wrong I didn't say any thing I don't rember much that far back but that image still haunts me 9 years latter

Mar 20, 2007, 12:27 PM
    OK, so, how can I see that grim reaper, I want to see the grim reaper!!

Mar 20, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Usually you have to die to see him well you don't want to see him when you actually see him
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 08:50 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...ive-20289.html

Mar 21, 2007, 03:19 AM
    Lol, but thanks for the tip
    JacintaBlue2004 Posts: 23, Reputation: -1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:52 AM
    One Night I Was Sleeping In My Room In My Parents House And Out Of Nowhere I Woke... this Was Really Strange Because When I Woke I Was Laying On My Back And I Never Sleep On My Back... I May Fall Asleep On It But As The Night Goes I Always Move Into Other Positions... I Was About To Get Up To Use The Bathroom But I Couldn't Move At All... I Seen This Darkenss Just Standing Over Top Of Me... I Couldn't Tell What Is Was But It Was Extremely Tall And Couldn't See A Face... I Tried To Scream Out But I Couldn't And The Only Thing I Had Control Over Was My Eyes... I Could Feel Whatever It Was Touching Me Lightly And Caressing My Body... I Kept Thinking Of What To Do Sincei Couldn't Call Out To My Mom And It Made It Worse That My Door Was Closed... then That's When I Remembered That My Friend Told Me That This Happens To Her On A Nightly Basis At Least A Couple Of Times A Week... she Told Me To Say "in The Name Of Jesus" So In My Head I Said Those Words And Instantly The Pressure That Was On Top Of Me Lifted And I Popped Up And Ran Into My Moms Room Across The Hall... I Crawled Into Bed With Her As I Was Crying But I Never Told Her Why... I Eventually Fell Asleep Again In It Happened Again But This Time For Only A Short Period Because I Automatically Said The Words In The Force Was Gone... the Next Day I Told My Mom What Happened And She Says That That Used To Happen To Her And It Happens To All Girls... and I Awlays Wondered What This Meant And I Was Talking To My Guy Friend About It And He Said This Happened To Him When He Was Younger... then Probably Last Year I Was Watching Montell Williams And That Sylvia Brown Lady Was On There... someone Had A Question About The Same Thing That Happened To Me And My Friends... she Said Something Like Its Because Your In Between Being Awake And Sleep... but I Don't Buy It... I Know There Is A True Meaning For This Probably... I Think About It All The Time...

Mar 21, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Well, I know how to see a ghost, not just talk to it, see it!

Just take a picture with a digital camera, regular cameras won't work, cause you can't zoom in, but when you take the pic, it will appear as a white orb floating in mid air, usually, happened on a ghost tour to me last year, but with my friends camera
    Dragonfire24 Posts: 105, Reputation: 3

Mar 29, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ging1994
    when i was realy little i looked out my window to try and name cars i wasnt so good at reading but i knew what each brand car simble was i had good eye sight then so i could see realy far back then when my eyes were passing over the sand lot i saw that something was not right when i looked out i saw a cloacked figure with that realy large reaping thing with a sceleton had it appeared almost transparant i ran out of the room scraming my mom asked me what was wrong i didnt say any thing i dont rember much that far back but that image still haunts me 9 years latter
    Well when it happened to me it was about 3 nights after my mom died. She died in the house in the front room, which is directly below her bedroom, which was where I saw it. It also did not have a scythe. Not that there is any proof that this could be considered the grim reaper t hough. No telling what it really was. I just know what I saw, and that I wasn't the only one who saw it, also what I felt. I actually felt fear and I was chilled to the bone. It was in front of a closet that my mom has on the far side of her room. We were in the closet that day and left it open. I closed it the next day and have not opened it since. I didn't mention these things before. There is something strange about the closet. I don't like it and I can't stand to leave it open. As far as I know (I have been in there a few times) there is nothing special in this closet, cept my mom hid things , like money, in there. I get this uncomfortable feeling from it but I have not been able to figure out why.

Mar 30, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Were I lived at the time it was huge and usually a few times a year someone would die and all I know is that thing wasn't human I'm unbelivly scard of it and I don't care about telling it if I don't know the people but only 4 people know this happened to me and I still get nightmares from it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search