Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerry rust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 03:59 AM
    Theft from employer of 700.00
    I have recently been through a tough time I got myself into allot of debt which I couldn't afford to pay back I also lost my baby last year and was diagnosed with post natal depression I also attempted an overdose which lead me to get a credit card to spend and try make myself happy again! I spent up and got into even more dept I started stealing goods from work and pawning them in for cash to pay for my debts I later got caught and now Im facing a court case mon 23 feb I am so scared and don't know what to expect I am preparing myself for prison I haven't told anyone about this, this is my first offence and I am deeply ashamed embarrassed and sorry. What will happen to me?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 06:10 AM

Hello Kerry:

We're not your parents or the judge, so we don't care how bad it was for you or how sorry you are.

There's no way to tell what will happen. Probably, probation.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 06:24 AM

First get counseling to help you with your emotional problems.

And most of what caused this is not evidence and will not normally even be heard in court, it may be reviewed for sentencing issues.
    A good attorney is the best and first thing, to first make them prove your guilt. ( not always as easy as it sounds)

After that, for 700 dollars, you will be ordered to repay it, along with most likely a penalty to be paid to them for their time and trouble.
    Then you will get a fine and most likely probation and perhaps community service
    Stephenbk2006 Posts: 15, Reputation: -2
    -

Feb 20, 2009, 02:18 PM
    If you get a decent lawyer, I'd ask for a pyschiatric evaluation this can really help out in what kind of sentence you'll get, and also try for a hardship, most judges will go lenient on the defendant when they show cause of hardship. Also show exceptance guilt, in other words, except responsibility, this will shave off a few points and help you with a lighter sentence, and /or having to pay restitution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft from employer [ 3 Answers ]

If you steal a small amount froma employer when you're a youth, and wasn't charged for anything, how would it influnce you? Is thre going to be a record on your social insurance number?

Theft from employer [ 2 Answers ]

I have been charged with theft from an emplyer, I afto return the police station to inform me weather they are going to charge me. I have pleaded guilty from the start, I have no previous convictions , what will happen

Theft from employer [ 26 Answers ]

My boss is a sex addict, he has done several things in the office that are defensive I have a employment attorney already and he is filling a sexual harassment case, but then I get a call from the police saying the checks he gave me for sexual favors ( that I never went through with) he is saying I...

Theft from employer [ 5 Answers ]

I recently took some items about 1,000 worth from my place of employment and although the police have no evidence, no video, no witnesses or anything I was scared and told them what I took. The court wants to offer me a conditional discharge with community service and I will probably agree. ...

Theft From employer [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently received a letter form my past employer who is seeking just over $20 000 for funds that he is claiming I stole. I live in Ontario Canada and am 18 years old. Money was taken on my part but it was around the $5000 mark, either just under or just over. In the letter he is giving me 15...

View more questions Search