Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Feb 18, 2009, 03:18 PM
    What am I doing Wrong?
    I am a Freshmen, and also the Captain of our school's new Rugby team. It seems like at every practice that my teammates get more and more hateful towards me. I do not understand this setup. What am I doing wrong? Why do all the girls hate me? I need some help, I really have no idea what I am doing to cause such flamatory emotions. :confused:
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2009, 11:16 AM

Since your a freshman and captain it could be jealousy... or do you boss the other girls around? They could be upset about that you know? I think more details need to be given

Feb 22, 2009, 03:50 PM

All right then, I don't think I boss any of the girls around. Honestly, the only thing I really do is:
    a) talk to the ref.
    b) remind the girls when and where practices are to be held.
    c) help the girls learn the drills
    d) correct the mistakes that are commonly made in tackling drills and remind them to place the ball.
    e) assist the injured off field
    And
    d) keep the girls together while running laps.

That is literally the majority of my job. I do not criticize the girls, or boss them or even yell. I only give advice on how to play a better game and what to remember...

They still don't like me at all. The ones who I talk to a lot say it's just because I am a freshmen, but that is idiotic because we all started this year on the same level, knowing exactly the same things about the game: nothing.

I think that's about all the info. I can muster up at the moment..
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2009, 11:15 AM

I'd say its probably a mixture between the jealousy and the fact that your ordering them about. As much as that's your job, no one want someone their own age or especially younger ordering them.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 01:13 PM

I would talk to your coach,maybe she can give you some hints on how to get them united without the *jealousy* element.Perhaps you need a team meeting to work this out.Simply let them know you are only doing your job and be sure to ask if they have any suggestions to improve your team.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Feb 24, 2009, 01:18 PM

I wouldn't or couldn't say for sure what the problem is. It's high school, no offense to you. Sometimes it can be nothing that you can control. One thing to always watch for is that it isn't what you say but how you say it. My advise to you however would to not internalize too much what other people think if you are confident that you are respectful and caring at all times.

Feb 24, 2009, 07:13 PM

Thanks you guys! Sorry for the completely rediculus question, but I was just needing an opinion. I will try to talk to the girls, and figure out where the animosity stemms from. Wish me luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What wrong with my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog won't eat or drink and he's stomach is bigger than before, and he is breathing heavy,and he's lazy and won't move around.

What did I do wrong ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey you I have a '70 GMC with a 350 in it, I reasontly put on a new head , water pump and thermastat on it but it is still over heating in the frist 10 min any idea's folks ?

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

Did I do something wrong here? [ 7 Answers ]

Really confused I'm 30 she is 28 Me and my ex have been together for 8 years. We have a great relationship never really argue,fight and both pretty open and honest with each other. I have a daughter maybe with another women from 9 yrs ago. I have never seen this child. In the midst of going to...

View more questions Search