Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjnayak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 08:15 AM
    How long it will take to come in usa after marry with green card holder?
    I am green card holder in usa and I want to marry guy outside usa. What is the best way to bring him in usa as soon as posiible?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 18, 2009, 08:37 AM

Congratulations! As a US permanent resident, after you get married, your spouse will be in the FB preference system as an FB-2A, and according to the March 2009 DOS visa bulletin; visas are available for cases with a priority date (initial filing of I-130) for June 1, 2004. Please note that date is for the "all other country list".

When you naturalize as a USC, you can file for him as an immediate relative, no priority date wait. He can apply for the immigrant visa basically immediately.

It will be some time if you stay as an LPR. Any way for him to come in on his own qualifications?

I hope this was helpful, good luck!
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 18, 2009, 09:03 AM

This is the link to the DOS visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4428.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can a Green Card Holder live outside USA [ 3 Answers ]

How long can an immigrant with Valid Permanent Green Card/Residence Permit and a valid foreign Passport stay outside of USA without Re-Entry Permit and without affecting his/her Residency, Naturalization or US Citizenship?

How long can A GREEN CARD HOLDER be outside the US without jeopardizing the status [ 31 Answers ]

How long can A GREEN CARD HOLDER be outside the US without jeopardizing the status back in the US?

Green card holder [ 2 Answers ]

Can a green card holder travel to Europe for vacation & if so, what are the requirements?:confused:

Green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

A Green Card Holder Since 2006 , He Will Apply For Citizenship In 2011 , But He Ask If He Can Bring His Wife From His Country Of Origine To Usa Before He Apply For Citizenship ? Both Have Italian Passport . Thank You

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search