Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Venus0517 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 10:59 PM
    What are the reasons you would not call a girl back after the first date?
    I am single and new in town, so on Valentines Day I went to a club that was having a singles party. I sat at the bar and not long after I saw a guy come sit near me, so I started talking to him. We stayed there and talked for a hour or two. Then we went for a walk on the beach, then he wanted to go to this bar that he goes to alot to karaoke, so we did that and then went to get something to eat. I did go back to his place and lets just say we had a very passionate time ( against my better judgment ). The next morning we went out for breakfast then he asked for my number ( but I did not get his ) and he said he would call me, I suggested Monday would be a good day and I had a good time and would like to see him again. Have not heard from him, whats up with that?:confused:
    DJ28 Posts: 161, Reputation: 13

Feb 17, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Not to be blunt but maybe he was just thinking of this as a fun night for him to just mess around with someone. Or if you want to call it a one night stand.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 11:20 PM

Maybe it was that...

Or maybe it he's just been busy..

Or maybe he will call tomorrow...

Or maybe he's not over the ex...

Or he has been injured in some freak accident that severed the power in his index finger and that's why he's not calling...

Or maybe just leave it as someone to face one dawn with and take it for what it is.

My recommendation would be to turn up anywhere you think he may go, then confront him, wailing 'how could you do this to me?' and beating your breast... No only joking, there's nothing you can do, if he doesn't call he has his reasons, ones you will probably never know, so just smile, realise that it's that someone found you attractive and move on...

Feb 17, 2009, 11:44 PM

Ummmm yeah well that sucks because I was not looking for a one night stand, so I am pissed!
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 PM

Ya I get that and it's s*** and I didn't mean to be facetious, it's just that you really are never going to answer this one..

... so take the compliment and realise that he's the one that's lost out, not you!

... he may still call it's not like it's been weeks :)

Feb 18, 2009, 12:15 AM
    Ok, lets say for conversion's sake he calls, I have totally lost interest in him and regret the whole thing, and mostly likely will not even pick up the phone. I believe is is common courtesy and the proper thing to do after spending the night with someone the first time to follow up with a 'thanks I had a nice time' that does not mean we are going to get married and have 10 kids or even see each other again. But to not do that leaves a women feeling played, how many other girls has he done this with, etc...... But I guess I am happy we had a excellent time for that day.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 01:55 AM

See not so bad?
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Feb 18, 2009, 05:11 AM

Sometimes one night stands are just that. Not all lead to second dates, but what's wrong with that? Look on the positive side, you had a good time on valentine's day. Maybe he's got a lot going on in his life and just wants to leave it at that, a one night stand and a good memory. I don't want to sound cruel or old-fashioned but maybe if it's a serious boyfriend you're looking for, having sex at parties might not be too fruitful.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 06:54 AM

Sounds like a one nigh stand, but there are a thousand reasons he hasn't called yet Don't panic so much
    ardahk Posts: 74, Reputation: 12

Feb 18, 2009, 07:02 AM

Exactly no reason to panic, if he likes you he will call you - if not you had a good night :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 07:54 AM

Most likely his girlfriend came back into town.

He put another notch in the bed post and was out the next night looking for the next one.

Or he lost your number

He got busy with work
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:04 AM

You have been given ample reasons this might have happened.All great speculations to be sure.

He may think if you went with him so willingly that you might do that with anyone and he may have higher standards for a long term relationship,or even a follow up date.

Clearly,there is a double standard here but that is a whole other subject.

What you did sounds dangerous and I hope in the future you will rethink that.You hear about girls disappearing everyday,I would hate to see you become a statistic.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 12:23 AM
    I think your expectations are to high for a one night stand. He was a slam, bam, thank you ma'am, type of guy. Better luck with the next one.
    Denmol Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2009, 06:14 AM

Just take it as a lesson and never do it again with anyone else. Don't expect him to call because he won't, if he calls by any chance he would be looking for another shag so stay away. It was a one night stand, move on. Sorry to sound rude but these things happen. He just wanted to have fun, no strings attached, he might have done it a number of times with others girls before you.

Feb 19, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Well you are all WRONG, but no more wrong than I was. Last night I went to this other bar, and I saw him there ( its a fairly small town ) and he was there with his Boyfriend! No s**t! Wow, crazy right? I saw them holding hands and I went up to him, he was pretty suprised, and we went outside to talk and he yes he was GAY, but he was really attracted to me, and he was confused. I slapped him STRAIGHT across the face and left. I should have know, he dressed nice and was charming and liked to go shopping and he is in the Navy. But he was way better than most straight guys are ( thank god for condoms though ) I guess its true what they say, ' all the good ones are taken or gay '
    ImTotallyLost Posts: 134, Reputation: 24

Feb 19, 2009, 06:46 PM

Sorry Venus, but I have to laugh at this story. And I think you will too. Give just a couple of days...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 06:48 PM

I don't see how everyone was wrong but wow didn't see that one coming. I know that was a shock and answers your question clearly.

Feb 19, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Thanks, oh no I think it is funny! And yes I have my answer now, I wish he would have just told me then we could go shopping and get our nails done together!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 06:58 PM

Hey, you might still can. Lol
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 06:58 AM

I think this story takes the cake! I had to re-read the post like three times. Wow, that's all I can say

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Call I have my court date canceled and do it on a later date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date for Oct 20 for a scheduling conference for a credit card debt. I was served a summons to file an answer and I did in a timely manner then I received a Notice of Hearing that says the case is scheduled for Scheduling Conference. Can I do anything at this point. I had previously...

When to call her after the first date? [ 5 Answers ]

The age old question of when to call a girl after the first date here! I don't want to do it too soon, but also don't want to hang around too long. People often say the 3 day rule is best but she has contacted me since the date. We went out last night, had a great time. We actually met 4 weeks...

When should he call for a Saturday date? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi... new to site. When should he call for Saturday night date? I think Wednesday. Thursday seems too late for me. I usually have plans by then... for real. He called me last time on a Thursday for a weekend date (Friday or Saturday was not specified). I told him that I had plans and that we...

How long does it take a guy to call after a first date? [ 11 Answers ]

So, I had a really great date with this guy last night... nice conversation, goodnight kisses, I thought it went really well. I text messaged him today that I had a great time with him on our date and he wrote back that he had an amazing time as well. However, he didn't call today and I thought...

When should a guy call after a First Date? [ 3 Answers ]

I felt the date I had on Thursday went very well with this pretty girl, she was smiling when I complimented her, she complimented me and brung up the topic of sex. We sat in the park and talked after we had coffee so now I'm just trying to figure out what do I now as far as calling her. I told...

View more questions Search